1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vastly diff. riding styles

Discussion in 'General' started by elbows11, Jan 24, 2005.

1. elbows11

elbows11 Member

I was reading the thread on diff. styles thought it was pretty funny. I for one have a stupid riding style but its also the only way I can ride without crashing. Everybody has diff. styles and whoever passes you or is faster is showing you the fast way around that corner.

2. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

'scuse me. That you, Ben? :)

3. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

4. elbows11

elbows11 Member

Yea thought I would type some

5. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Cool. Best of luck to you this season, kid. Hope you do great. BTW, you shoulda been here months ago when everyone was talking about your trainer. You could've made it interesting. ;)

6. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

I laugh when I hear people say they're going to "try and ride like ___________".

They'll go out and try and kick the back end out like McCoy, or lead with the head like Yates, or throw their bows up like that kid (what is his name?) or Hayes.

They actually slow down trying to do it instead of just riding.

I mean I can understand correcting a bad habit but why try to change just for the sake of changing or trying to emulate someone else?

7. Strick

Strick Good to be king

Ok I know I having a bad day.

I am agreeing with Huey and Brad in the same day.:D

If you are not comfortable in the way you are riding you will not go fast.

8. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Yeah, I'm sure Rossi often thinks to himself, "eef I cood rrride like Sete orrr Max, I cood be secunt place also". :D

9. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Re: Re: Vastly diff. riding styles

ya mean that punk that looks like a 6 year old pretending he's an airplane in his backyard and wearing a cape?

:D

10. Huey130

Re: Re: Re: Vastly diff. riding styles

I heard he wears a prostetic ass cheek that's lighter than his old ass cheek. That's why he's so fast.

11. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Re: Re: Re: Re: Vastly diff. riding styles

is that SS legal? F'in Texans will do anything to gain an advantage.

12. elbows11

elbows11 Member

Its little different now, but it still has good shape! It made me faster in right handers cause I was scared to crash on the left side all year.

13. Huey130

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Vastly diff. riding styles

Ain't gotta be SS legal on a SBK!

Hey B, did you really flip yourself over during that slide? Cause you were getting to hot.

14. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Vastly diff. riding styles

he's from Texas, he's used to flipping over. :Puke:

:Poke:

startin smack with factory guys. :D

15. elbows11

elbows11 Member

My whole problem was it was on the tri oval so I was stuck on that side after I hit the wall. If it happened before that I could have. I remember thinking I needed to and I tried but it wasnt happening.

16. FLASHER

FLASHER pinche'loco estupido

Good luck ben!!

17. 976-FIZR

976-FIZR In transition...

OK, now my question is how do you dis-associate yourself from the actual incident like that? Enough to have a rational conversation while sliding across the tarmac at that speed? I'm convinced I would not be having that kind of civil, back-and-forth with myself. I'm pretty sure I would just be a big, panicky ball of screaming baby thinking nothing more profound than "OH SHIT OH SHIT OH SHIT!!!".

-Wish

18. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

I'm pretty sure you would be, too. :D

19. UGA Dawg

UGA Dawg Fertile Member

I actually had a highside once where I was upside down looking "up" at the bike below me flipping beneath me. I remember having enough hang time to think about completing the flip so I didn't land on my head. I think I even grabbed the back of my legs for better spin. :D What sucked was that there wasn't water to land in but some nice hard Jennings pavement. :D Good times Good times. :beer:

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ben - email me when you get a chance wera at wera dot com.