1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Valentine's Day Sucks!

Discussion in 'General' started by Joe Morris, Feb 14, 2002.

1. MR-MICROPHONE

MR-MICROPHONE Breakin' the Law!!

And just to reiterate my point that it's a game for her, after I didn't respond with "Oh, you're by yourself tonight? Hey, why don't you let ME take you to dinner?" Since I didn't bite the hook, she's either pissed off at me, or like I said, she was just trying to see if she could get me to feel sorry for her and take her out. Haven't heard from her since that conversation earlier today, and she works at the same place! [​IMG]
    I'm not so sure about that. She usually reels you (me) in, then tosses me back in the water, or at least that's how it used to be. I doubt she has changed. It's like a game for her. I'm convenient when SHE wants me to be. Other than that, nothing.

I do like the way you think though! [​IMG]
    [/QUOTE]

------------------
    O==~~
    Mr. Microphone

2. Jeffro510

Jeffro510 Hand bra for hire!!!!

Happy Barfday "Chunk"!!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. MR-MICROPHONE

Way back when I got married, the wedding was on my birthday. What was I thinking? [​IMG] So I know how you feel. I never had another birthday while I was married. Hey, does that mean I can subtract six and a half years from my current age? [​IMG]
    ------------------
    O==~~
    Mr. Microphone

[This message has been edited by MR-MICROPHONE1 (edited 02-14-2002).]

[This message has been edited by MR-MICROPHONE1 (edited 02-14-2002).]

4. PKS

PKS Happiness is belt fed!

HEART OF THE MATTER. And today, of course, is Valentine's Day, originally a Roman holiday honoring Juno, the Roman goddess of women and marriage. On that day, young Roman men drew the names of young women from a jar - becoming partners for the next year, and in some cases longer. But OUR tradition reportedly begins with Claudius the Second's refusal to allow his soldiers to marry, while one Father Valentine continued to secretly perform marriages. An alternate opinion says he refused to give up his faith. In any event, he was imprisoned and later beheaded on - February 14, 269 AD. The early Christian Church tried to co-opt the pagan Roman feast noted earlier, and chose St. Valentine's Day as the occasion.

5. MR-MICROPHONE

6. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

Leave it up to PKS to put into perspective.

7. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

well, i think i win. my wife found out what part of the state i would be in and sent flowers to me at that location. she also got me some kewl gifts. she is too sweet.

8. SpEdette

SpEdette Zombie

Honey rocks. [​IMG]

9. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

You suck Stick!!!!

10. stickboy274

11. Bad Iguana

Bad Iguana Well-Known Member

My wife is better than yours [​IMG]
    I asked her yesterday morning if she wanted to do anything for Valentine's day. She said, "Oh, is it Valentine's day?" We went grocery shopping. No card, no flowers needed. While in Costco, she saw a bouquet of yellow tea roses - her favorite. I told her to buy them, but she said, "They'll just die. We could buy a tree for what they want for these." I probably will buy her a yellow tea rose bush and plant it in the yard this spring. That'll cover the rest of the Valentine's days while we live in this house [​IMG]

12. stickboy274

that is nice. honey did threaten to buy me a new trailer and truck [​IMG]. not right now, but she is working on it. only thing is, i think some new land for a new house will come first. oh well i will wait. i think its worht it.

13. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

Well, I got dinner cooked for me and the joy of watching it in front of SportCenter. Now that's a treat!

14. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

HBD Joe Mo and wifey.:beer:

15. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Holy Dead Thread, Batman!! :p

5axis and ToofPic like this.
  16. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Meh ..whats 17 years between such a tight knit family? :crackup:

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Funny, I "spoke" with Corporate Joe yesterday so the bump of this thread is funny.

18. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

If'n you speak with him again, tell him to EABD. :D

19. kangasj

kangasj Banned

LMAO, sent the woman some roses that were supposed to arrive yesterday. Well, they're getting there today. Yes, Valentines day sucks. Spend 70 bucks on flowers and she was upset with me because the damn things didn't arrive on time. Guess I'll have them delivered a week early next year...

20. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Got some flowers at Costco and a box of chocolates filled with cognac. Yum :)