1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Valentine's Day Sucks!

Discussion in 'General' started by Joe Morris, Feb 14, 2002.

1. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

Before you go thinking this is another sad sack complaining about their loneliness, ITS NOT! I had the misfortune of being born on Valentine's Day. You'd think that would be a good thing - and maybe for some it is (my wife but I'm getting to that). I thought it would work out for me in such a way that my birthday would trump Valentine's Day but I learned early on that didn't work. So, I gave in to the day being equal parts birthday and suck up to your sweety day. Until I met a girl, fell in love, and found out her birthday is the same as mine. DOH!!! So, if your scoring at home, that's two occasions for her and one for me. So, today is my birthday and I will spend it buying the overpriced roses and paying for the overpriced dinner (limited menu I might add). So don't give me any "Happy Valentine's Day" unless your ready to hear more of my bitching!

flygirl likes this.
  2. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

You're just pissed about riding that crappy F3 this past weekend. Don't take it out on your woman. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! [​IMG]

3. gpwannabe

gpwannabe Well-Known Member

Do you have a Costco(sam, BJs) near by? 2 dozen quality roses for 12 bucks!

Cook her a meal at home sporting boxers adorned with hearts!

track wagon likes this.
  4. backdraftmoto

backdraftmoto I make Nissan trucks...

And I thought my birthday being on SuperBowl Sunday every seven years rocked... [​IMG]

Atleast you weren't born on X-mas...

5. MR-MICROPHONE

MR-MICROPHONE Breakin' the Law!!

Hey, my brother was born on Halloween. [​IMG]
    Talk about SpOoKy!!!

Anyways, on the Valentine's Day thing, my ex-g/f just told me that she was in a "blah" mood. I asked why and she said well for one thing it's Valentine's day and she was alone. She said she guessed she would go out to dinner by herself tonight. If that wasn't a hint I don't know what was. Basically she is throwing herself a pitty party. [​IMG]

Happy Birthday Joe, and Ms. Joe!! [​IMG]

------------------
    O==~~
    Mr. Microphone

6. GStar

GStar Dark Helmet

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY

7. BC61

BC61 Well-Known Member

No, she is throwing herself at you! Sounds like an opportunity for s#x with the X.

Good God, go for it man!

[This message has been edited by BC61 (edited 02-14-2002).]

8. Joe Morris

I appreciate the replys. Certainly, riding the F3 in the Mediumweight Solo 20 has added to my frustration this week. And no, I don't think I could cook a meal that would be so wonderful as to make up for the sight of me in my boxers. The flowers are a good tip though, thanks. In closing I encourage you all to enjoy your birthday celebrations and remember that some people (me) don't ever get to have one.

I don't have any proof but I feel certain that Valentine's Day customs were created by a woman.

9. jeppe

jeppe Well-Known Member

Dont say such bad things about my bike!
    It might get its feelings hurt and not start the nex time! [​IMG]

10. Madmike

Madmike Drunk Member

Dont think your alone my friend....
    My soon to be wifes birthday is April 15th, our anniversary is April 15th and OH did i mention that i get to pay Uncle sam all my hard earned money on April 15th( TAX day and im self employed)...try that on for size when it comes to blowing the checkbook on one day.
    Mike

BTW: HAPPY Birthday

11. SpEdette

SpEdette Zombie

My birthday falls on Thanksgiving about every four years. It's kinda neat.

Why do you think that Valentine's Day is all about the man giving stuff to the woman? I went downtown and treated Tom to lunch today. [​IMG]

Oh, and happy birthday Joe and Mrs. Morris!

[This message has been edited by Tom's Inflatable Woman (edited 02-14-2002).]

12. Joe Morris

Beth, your a keeper! Please try to influence every woman you come across that Valentine's Day is a two way street.

13. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Good for you Beth. [​IMG] Valentines Day is definately not just for the women.

14. MR-MICROPHONE

MR-MICROPHONE Breakin' the Law!!

I'm not so sure about that. She usually reels you (me) in, then tosses me back in the water, or at least that's how it used to be. I doubt she has changed. It's like a game for her. I'm convenient when SHE wants me to be. Other than that, nothing.

I do like the way you think though! [​IMG]

15. WERA29

My woman is hella cool! [​IMG]

And as Emily was so kind to make me announce over the PA at the awards ceremony this past weekend, I LOVE HER! [​IMG]

16. Joe Morris

Yeah, I didn't finish my thought in the above post. Why is such a great girl with Tom!?

17. LAR

LAR Well-Known Member

It's nice to see men who really appreciate their women for who they are. she is awesome...treat her well! [​IMG]

Laura

[This message has been edited by LAG (edited 02-14-2002).]

18. WERA29

Anything for you Valentine. [​IMG]

19. Peanut

Peanut Well-Known Member

Uhh have you two looked around today? Oh I forgot those roses are for me!? [​IMG]

Happy b-day Joe!

------------------
    absolutespeedracing.com

20. sportbikepete

sportbikepete Well-Known Member

By my calculations everything wipes itself out so save your money for racing [​IMG]

------------------
    97 GSXR 750