1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V7MW running with modern LW? Mongo? Bueller?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by stickman, Jan 10, 2009.

1. stickman

stickman crash free since 5/6/07

I'm wondering if we can make V7MW machines eligible to run with the modern day LW guys. Our F2's and F3's have similar times and hp to SV's. I think it would be more fun running with those guys, especially in the LW Solos on saturdays, and practicing with them too.

Go ahead and include the V6 guys too if you want.

On a side note to my racing friends, I was bumped to expert status (ok, you guys that know me can stop laughing now) because of my top 5 finishes in senior superbike, so I have new plates, and a new number in case you're looking for me in the pits this season.

2. olgoodf3

olgoodf3 'Merica

3. sauce314

sauce314 BROWN DYNAMITE

congrats freddy,now how about some simple green & a scrub brush? maybe some paint too.now that you have white plates.shit with no greg in your reign you might win a championship too.have fun freddy.

4. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

Didnt I just read some where that Greg was asking ride hieght for his new rear shock?? I dont think Greg is gonna hide out to long. But he has been top there for a while so someone needs to give him a good whoopin.

5. sauce314

sauce314 BROWN DYNAMITE

grega bike was already set up,i dont think it was him asking.

6. stickman

Thanks Alfredo. I actually protested because my times aren't exactly expert material. I just showed up a lot. But what the hell. I guess they figure I have the experience. It really doesn't matter because I race mostly Vintage anyway.

Where is Greg going? And I think I heard you're out. What's up with that? It won't be any fun if I'm the only one racing.

7. stickman

I saw that other thread, it just made my head hurt. Did Mongo address what I'm asking here?

P.S. Yes, the bike will be getting some new duct tape, and paint.

8. sauce314

sauce314 BROWN DYNAMITE

yes you heard right,im done with racing.i might do a few but on an sv (endurance)now that your an expert you should make that bike shine.good luck this yr freddy

9. olgoodf3

olgoodf3 'Merica

I think what I heard is that just because 2 classes have similar times, doesn't mean they can run together. Closing speeds is a big concern, like a well built V7HW 1000 coming up on a 250 GP bike, or a back pack V7 rider getting lapped by the B SB EX guys (been there). I figger if this stuff keeps coming up, maybe one day we will sway the opinion of the mighty Mongo

10. sauce314

sauce314 BROWN DYNAMITE

love the name olie.what no avatar? wtf.if freddy got white plates then so should you olie.put them on.

11. The H-man

The H-man Go Navy!

Go ahead and paint 'em white Ollie :up: You're in V7, so noone will mind or protest you for having an advantage.

12. olgoodf3

olgoodf3 'Merica

I don't have any cool heritage like you and H, to represent in an avatar. Maybe I'll come up with something

I havn't applied for my licence yet. would I find out then, or is there some notification I would receive?

I enjoy running the Novice Solo's on Sat, and doing the occasional modern race on sunday, so I would prefer stay Novice. Riding by myself in the back of the Expert pack doesn't sound like that much fun. I prefer to get 3rd to last with the Novices :D

13. stickman

Exactly! Part of the reason why I brought up running with the modern LW guys. It's not going to be much fun running the mw solos with the experts. I always like to run the solos for some practice, and I usually had a couple guys to dice with in the back, so it was fun.

Alfredo, too bad you won't be around much, it was nice getting to know you better last year. Did you sell your bike?

14. sauce314

sauce314 BROWN DYNAMITE

no i didnt sell her freddy,do you want it? olie what's your heritage? i thought you were german,swed,or some other white race(you all look a like)put 1 up all ready.get your white plates!!!! how are you gonna be any faster if you dont try & run with the faster guys? so what if your dead last at least your tryn.

15. slaw0002

slaw0002 Not as fat !!!!!!!

V7 = Pile of crap :D

16. olgoodf3

olgoodf3 'Merica

I am about 3-4 seconds off the pace of last place in Ex C. I would literaly be riding by myself. Fredo, You know I need a carrot in front of me to go faster. I'm tryin with the Novices, and at least I get some practice in close racing.... you know I suck at passing.

If we could run F2 or LW I would be happy to roll the white plates, but it will just cause me to race less in MW

I'm an American Mut, no strong heritage here, just Cracker-Ass-Cracker.

17. olgoodf3

olgoodf3 'Merica

and your SV is a cherry? :moon:

18. slaw0002

slaw0002 Not as fat !!!!!!!

100% mint

19. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

sauce, you're a big fella. you would probably have more fun on a HW bike like slaw's as opposed to a SV650.

i've got an idea. how bout you let me borrow your F2 and i'll run heads up against slaw at grattan. 5 laps, 10 laps, whatever. winner takes both bikes...

or since you're bike is set up for a big fella, i'll race him on my dad's F3.

20. The H-man

The H-man Go Navy!

Uhhh... and your point is...? :Poke:

:D