1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4r vs s1000rr

Discussion in 'General' started by adrenalist, Jun 15, 2023.

1. adrenalist

adrenalist Well-Known Member

I don't expect anyone to remember, but I left this segment to be a role model for someone that shouldn't be riding. He followed my lead, eventually got married and now has a child on the way. Attached a pic from a text roughly 48 ago. Gracious to you all for allowing me to sell my gear here, as I was going thru a pretty rough transition from the onset.

Anyway, I am now 100% ready for some fun.

I know the V4r is a trust-the-electronics package, which has hindered my Duc love from the onset of the Pani release, but after so many years of massaging, is it the best now?

Likewise, from what little I've observed, bmw has done an excellent job trying to keep their rr at the top if the heap. And it actually has a chassis. But it seems the has-been hp4 still gets the nod regardless of how the years progress...

I've been out for some time and need a little push in the right direction. I'm all ears....

Attached Files:

2. AJ

AJ Well-Known Member

ask the dealer for a test ride.
    most in cali do.
    v4r for me.

adrenalist likes this.
  3. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Does it have to be a Duc? Are you going to the track or just the street?

Aprilia Tuono Factory is the clear choice if you're not hell bent on a Ducati. The Tuono has more HP than the 217 hp RSV4 til about 10,000 rpms, so you can imagine how well it rips in comfort. You wanna sound and feel like a motogp racer?....get the Tuono. :)

Beemer has no 'soul'. V4r to uncomfy for the street (any liter sportbike for that matter). IMO of course.

adrenalist and Steeltoe like this.
  4. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

SV 650

No Brakes, RRP, adrenalist and 3 others like this.
  5. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Id say BMW, seems to be doing really good at Stock1000 and club levels.

I dont know anyone racing a V4R, so I can really comment on it.

adrenalist likes this.
  6. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Clapped out of course.

YamahaRick and adrenalist like this.
  7. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

This is the way.

adrenalist and Sabre699 like this.
  8. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

The Orange Cat bikes are Alpha bikes. Not exactly a showroom BMW. Although Nolan's bike is not an Alpha, he rides it pretty dang well.

Nolan721 and adrenalist like this.
  9. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

True, Alpha bikes arent even that crazyk expensive. They will also sell you all of the parts if you want.

I dont know who has Alpha bikes, but plenty of people on BMWs

Wyman
    Lamkin
    Danilo
    Waters
    Motorsports Exotica (Beaubier last year)

upload_2023-6-15_9-54-35.png

Nolan721 and adrenalist like this.
  10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

No, I believe that the S1000 RR is a BMW. :Poke:

bleacht and adrenalist like this.
  11. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

I’d also vote option C, Aprilia but it sounds like he wants the RSV4 factory :D

adrenalist likes this.
  12. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

13. adrenalist

Thanks for the input!

Not going to race it. Relocated to the high desert where I've an 80 mile circle of mountain sweepers and zero traffic from my front door. Might pass 5 cars the entire ride, save for one tiny town. Will absolutely be doing track days with it as well. Agree with a smaller bike for racing as I'll be jumping into that as I adjust back into the fray. Just don't plan this specific purchase to be for racing.

AJ likes this.
  14. adrenalist

No bramd loyalty, just owned all the Japanese 1000's and never done either a Duc or Beemer (or Aprilia).

Don't mind the uncomfortability. I prefer it tbh. The performance is errrrrything to me. Ergos can take a back seat on this.

gapman789 likes this.
  15. adrenalist

R1M370 likes this.
  16. adrenalist

How in the f is Suzuki pulling that off?! 3 and 4?! Do my eyes deceive me???

17. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

Is there any other kind?

Sabre699 likes this.
  18. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Disrupt has a decent program and Hayden rides the hell out of that bike.

adrenalist likes this.
  19. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Hayden is a beast, tied for the championship last year with Cory Alexander
    The other Suzuki, Altus, won the championship with Jake Lewis is 2021 and with Cameron Petersen in 2020.

adrenalist likes this.
  20. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I'm out west right now on my 1000XR and it's the perfect motorcycle for this area. We did the Gunnison Pass near Paonia yesterday and the bike was a blast to ride. I can imagine that the RR would be a beast on those roads.

adrenalist likes this.