1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

USPS shipping times??

Discussion in 'General' started by E=MC2, Nov 18, 2006.

1. E=MC2

E=MC2 Well-Known Member

Someone shipped me something through first class mail (i'm pretty confident he did ship it) 2 weeks ago and I still haven't gotten it. what's the longest you guys have ever waited??

2. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

You might as well forget about it. I've had 3 Priorty letters, and 2 packages lost, never to be found. Unless it's sent Overnight, insured, they do not guarantee it will be delivered:down:

3. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

I get stuff to New Zealand from them in 10 days

4. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

International stuff has better tracking, due to customs.

5. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

Except for Canada....:D I've sent a few things up there, and 2 of them got lost..tracking showed that those items made it to Canada, then were lost..

6. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Yeah, it may show up in a few months after they "find" it. ALWAYS get delivery confirmation and insurance. It's still well below what it costs to ship UPS. I always ship USPS after UPS tried to absolutely jack me on shipping a set of tires. 60 bux from NC to CO. USPS was 25. UPS lost a very longtime customer that day.

7. sculptor666

sculptor666 Well-Known Member

i've never had any problem with usps(i spend about $1-2000/year on shipping), but i always use prioity mail. i can get an exhaust bracket to japan for five bucks in five days. priority usually takes 2-3 days.... unless you ship on a thurs or friday (sometimes wednesday shipments arrive on monday too). first class mail is the close to the same price as priority 99% of the time... but takes longer. I've never had to wait long on the sending side, but i've had to wait two weeks on the receiving end using 1st class. ups/fedex has better tracking, but fedex delivery systems suck where i live... they'll contract delivery to anyone with a license.

8. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hey Chris, less typing, more welding;) :up:

9. sculptor666

sculptor666 Well-Known Member

hey gary, it's in the mail i promise:up: gimme a buzz after you've tried it out!

10. tzrboy

tzrboy Working hard to play harder!

'Sup Chris:beer:

Nick,
    Just got a nice goodie from WERA today, shipped Postal from Florida-left Wednesday-arrived this morning-not sure if priority tracking or other-but here and undamaged-and happy.

I'd be calling and bitching-but I always do regardless:rolleyes:

11. E=MC2

E=MC2 Well-Known Member

usps priority can be very fast, and first class is too sometimes, but other times you'd think that #121 600 novice was the mailman.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2006
  12. Brian Van

Brian Van Track Gear Retailer

We use USPS for International with good luck. For domestic always UPS.

13. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

I don't trust dem "usps" bytches for nothing last year i shipped stop grip to a guy in the next county, a week later he hadn't received it.... trying to prevent him from thinking i was ripping him off, i sent him another set, he didn't get that, I told him I'd send out 1 more and that was it, he got that one in 2 days the 2nd once came the next day, and the 1st one was never received. He wound up selling the 2nd one to a friend and i collected the cash at summit.
    I ship FedEx or get confirmation #'s give it a little more time b4 you start to freak out, i hope they don't loose you stuff

14. E=MC2

E=MC2 Well-Known Member

well it was shipped 11/4 and it's now 11/21 and nothing. This really sucks, the guy made a fuel injector on his lathe for my pulsejet project, and I doubt I'll ever get it. damn usps...

15. random hero

random hero Banned

i've had hell w/usps.. sent a couple packages w/them in the last year that were both lost.. i only use fedex/ups now

16. E=MC2

E=MC2 Well-Known Member

3 weeks and nothing....

17. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

You should try DHL:up:
    I've never had better service. Usually a day faster than UPS.

18. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

You'll never see it, sorry.

19. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

What'd you order? Who was the seller? (hoping it wasn't me... ) USPS may interdict something if they can't run it through a machine, or if it gets damaged, or is otherwise suspicious to them.

I usually use first-class mail, sometimes I'll upgrade the service. Domestically, First Class works really quickly - three days after I drop it in the bulk-mail box anywhere in the continental US. USPS's messed up only about four times in 1000 opportunities for me; I usually get a "return to sender" when it does. International sales work really well with USPS.

20. E=MC2

E=MC2 Well-Known Member

a guy (I've bought things from him before) had made me an adjustable "fuel injector" for a jet engine. It's kinda simple, it's made out of aluminum and has a radial cone fuel spray and the top of it is threaded so you can tighten it or open it up to change the fuel spray gap. he was helping me with my project and made it for free, the project has a deadline though and it's a lot of wasted time. I'm not sure how much it will cost to get one made.