1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Used to Race - Now I want to race again

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by nsr250man, Dec 24, 2011.

1. nsr250man

nsr250man Well-Known Member

Hi; Merry X-mas. I need some help understanding what I should do to start racing again, and figuring out if I will be placed as a Novice or an Expert.

I used to race back in 1994 - 2002 (WERA, FASTTRAX, CCS, & CMRA), and once in 2008 in another association (ASMA). Did a bunch of track days and taught racing school in 2008 & 09, and helped Beginner Group recently with Nate Kern at Roebling.

I was a WERA Expert in 125 cc and 600 cc Classes back in the day. Did pretty well. Even helped with Brian Lantz, John Horn, and Kevin Rentzell in '95at the GNF with H&H racing, and finished well in the 125 class. Also did well with a Kawasaki ride in 2000. Won a championship in 2001 on my NSR250 at Arroyo Seco Raceway.

1) I am over 40 years old now, and will be riding my old school '94 NSR250, and I would like to know if I will be a Novice or an Expert?
    2) Can I can get a license without taking a racing school?
    3) Can I race in Clubman, Middleweight Solo, Formula 40, and D Superstock & Superbike? I suspect I cannot race Formula 40, but who knows?
    4) Also, if I race in the Southeast region is # 311 available?

Thanks,
    Tim Moricca (WERA #651 a long time ago)
    Greenville, SC

2. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I'm guessing....but I'll bet you will not be required to take a race school. Heck, it's Christmas, Mongo might sign you up as an Expert!
    I think you're 2 smoker will work in most of the classes you mentioned, but don't quote me on that either!
    #311, I'll bet that's available, but don't know for sure!!!

I might not have been much help....but good luck!! :up:

3. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

and if i were you, i'd cut/paste and email this to WERA. [email protected] if you want a more serious answer. :D

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Hi Tim! Long long long time no hear from. Todd is right, email is your best bet so I can forward it to the boss and see what she says. 100% sure no school needed but the Ex/Nv thing is her call.

5. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

Don't be macking up on that #311 EX!

Welcome back!

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

BTW - Brian says hi.

7. nsr250man

Say hi to Brian for me

Sean; Thanks for that. Say hi to Brian and Evelyn for me too.

Now that I live in Greenville, SC I am close enough to drop by and see the old crew. I will be down there tomorrow working with Thermosman and Chris Caylor, and then going to the Aquarium with my family. Have Brian email me so we can exchange numbers.

[email protected]

Thanks, and Happy New Year! It's great to be around good people again.

8. nsr250man

Email Sent to WERA

Sean; I sent email to WERA.com on X-mas Eve. It came from the email address that I mentioned in my previous reply.
    Thanks.

9. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Welcome back regardless.