1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Under Armour vs WalMart Starter gear?

Discussion in 'General' started by atl_hooligan, Jul 23, 2004.

?

Under Armour or Starter?

1. Under Armour

24 vote(s)
    58.5%
  2. Starter

17 vote(s)
    41.5%
  1. atl_hooligan

atl_hooligan Well-Known Member

I know we talked about this a few weeks ago, but has anyone tried both? What are your opinions on either one? I'm buying a set this weekend.

The Starter gear at WalMart is a lot cheaper, but does it work as well as the Under Armour?

:D :D :D

2. ducnut748

ducnut748 King of Speed

hello

i have 3 of these full suits in med,all black,brand new $50 each, i will be at cmp tonight

http://www.motorpsycle.com/

aaron

3. Schitzo42

Schitzo42 dweeb

I've been wondering the same thing. Why don't you go and test and report back here after the weekend. It's always nice for someone else to be the guniea pig for a change.

-Steve

4. atl_hooligan

Re: hello

Are you in the Atlanta area? I won't be at CMP. I'm doing Summit Point next Saturday. $50 is definitely a good deal.

5. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Re: hello

I agree.

6. Jack Brock

Jack Brock Well-Known Member

Walmart stuff works awesome and is only like $9. Can't compare to name brand as I've only use the Wally version.

7. ducnut748

ducnut748 King of Speed

Re: Re: hello

i am also doing the endurace race next weekend, i am in hickory nc but i can bring it to summit or send it to you

thanks
    aaron

8. atl_hooligan

Re: Re: Re: hello

Bring it to Summit if you don't mind.

Thanks

9. ducnut748

ducnut748 King of Speed

no problem

no problem, i dont know what the number is of the bike that i am riding so i will look you up first thing sat morn

aaron

10. atl_hooligan

Re: no problem

You can't miss my bike...Flourescent Orange, Yellow, and Pink 600RR

11. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

I loved my Under Armour, it works great. The damn ambulance lady cut it off but up to that point it was working real good. The only downside I found was that is burned into a small wound on my knee and then had to be scraped out.

12. atl_hooligan

Ouch!!!

That's going to leave a mark!

13. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

What WallyWorld Starter stuff are you's guys talking about? I wanna check it out.

14. freeride88

freeride88 Hooligan

I have some of each and the UA stuff is definately better, but it's not a lot better. I bought my UA stuff on ebay, and I'd recommend looking a bit for good deals on it there, but I believe I'd use the Starter stuff from Walmart before I'd pay full price for the UA.

15. jronmorgan

jronmorgan Well-Known Member

I have both, and I really can't tell any difference.. I mainly wear it so I can get my damned leathers on and off and to hopefully keep them from getting quite so rank by having my sweaty-ass body inside them..

I can say (from experience) that the wally stuff will also melt into your cuts. But then, if you weren't wearing it, your rash might have been much worse in the first place as it gives the leathers/liners something to slide against other than just your skin.

I know that both work nicely when drenched with water under perf at cooling you down..

Like I said, I can't really tell the diff so I am saving my bucks in the future by buying the wally stuff..

16. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

OK, my lovely wife went and got me some of the wally world stuff for this warm weekend at CMP. I can say that it did help.

I hever really felt hot out there this weekend, and it was steamin out there.

When you take your leathers off it feels the same as when you get a cold chill.

17. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

I got my under gear at a bicycle shop. 45 bucks for the top and bottom. Worked great at 90 degrees at BIR a few days ago.

18. stickboy274

I got shorts a sleevless shirt and a long sleeve shirt for about $25.

BTW, I look stunning in them. Really shows off my manley parts.

That's what Hendo said, or something like that

19. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

I got screwed then but they show off my svelte figure quite nicely.:D

20. stickboy274

Sorry, $35. But still a good deal