1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Um, didya try the...

Discussion in 'General' started by SupermotoFan, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Damn, my math might be wrong but you're older than a lot of trees we have in our neighborhood. :crackup:

2. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Mine didn't.

The "low beam" bulbs had two filaments - one for high, one for low.

3. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

So, you must live in one of those 'new' neighborhoods they built on the old land fill...

:Poke:

Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
  4. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

And burned both of `em on high.

Then when they came out with the four-headlamp setup, you could tell for sure when a car had their 'brights' on because all four were lit.

5. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

I'm sure that the low beam in that lamp went off when the high beam came on.

6. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Dayum.

This thread sure got off track, didn't it?

7. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

But while we're off the OT, I think the bulbs that use the same "filament" for the low and high beams are neat. The light source actually moves from the low beam focal point to the high beam focal point.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Eh, more fun than the ignorant person we started talking about :D

9. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

That would be a multifunction switch. :Poke:

Anyway, Toyota had that issue with the could stick accelerator pedals and sent out customer letters that told them to remove the floor mats until they figured out a remedy to the problem. Well, a few months later we get those same cars in to perform the fix. I've, no lie, removed the OEM floor mat, a cheapy Walmart mat, and two folded bath towels from the same vehicle's drivers side floor area! :eek: I don't know how some of these people don't wreck the very first time they get behind the wheel!

10. Coopster

Coopster Well-Known Member

The last time this was in the news

I decided that the next day, out on GA400 w/ light traffic I would try the "Throttle is matted and go for the brake" test, and the result was there was ZERO braking available, at least in the E350 Ford van I was pimpin' @ the time. Check valve or not, the power booster had nuthin' for me...

Again, regarding the key (if so equipped, almost a rarity these days), clicking it back ONE position will kill the engine and NOT lock the steering on anything I have ever driven.

Definitely slip it up into neutral and let it engage the red limiter until such time as a) you get pulled over, or the engine goes "Ka-Blooga".

We should get something into Redbook immediately so all the wimmin's hopefully will have a plan if the time should arise...

11. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Engine vacuum nosedives when there is a load on the engine, so your assist goes with it too due to you being on the brake. We you trying super hard to stop or poosy footing it?

The check valve is there to store that vacuum. What i said/ meant was if you shut the engine off like you should do in that situation, you "should" have vacuum assist for at least a little while.

Rev limiter, btw.

12. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

The grass is really green thats for sure.

13. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

I'll suggest that to my sis at GH.

14. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

I noticed a distinct lack of brake lights. Regardless of whether or not the brakes work when the throttle is stuck open, the brake lights work when you step on the pedal. Bitch didn't even try. I'm calling Bullshit on the stuck throttle! bitch was speeding and got clever;)

15. Coopster

Coopster Well-Known Member

Ha! You don't play around here often, do ya?!!

See headline (!)

16. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Pretty sure that on all those 2 headlight systems the low beam stayed on.

17. drebv4

drebv4 Well-Known Member

Jeebus, lemme drop everything and go check...

18. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

Some did, some didn't. While we're still off topic; have you seen the HID high/low bulbs that just move the internal baffle in the housing?

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep. Depended on the car/truck.

The new HID and moving lights are truly cool.

20. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Hopefully you got rid of that van. There is something wrong with the brake system. After the supposed Toyota problem I tried on all 3 of our vehicles at home plus my work truck. If an F3fiddy diesel cant overpower the brakes I doubt a Kia can...