1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UK and US differ on Saddam's death

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Shyster d'Oil, Apr 9, 2003.

1. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

No, hell hasn’t frozen over but I am citing to a Fox News article:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,83651,00.html

Basically the US intel thinks Saddam was still in the building/bunker when it was bombed, but the Brits believe he probably left.

I hope we got him this time and that the 14 people who died were not killed for naught.

Rodger

2. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

If they were there with him then they weren't killed for naught... they needed to die too most likely. :(

3. Shyster d'Oil

John, please. I'm a hawk too but what about the kid? Did the small boy deserve to die?

"Iraqi rescue workers using a bulldozer to search the rubble said three bodies were recovered -- those of a small boy, a young woman and an elderly man -- and that the death toll could be as high as 14."

Rodger

4. Tank Boy

Tank Boy clank clank boom

Yep, I hope we got 'em too and we can find some proof of it.

It will suck if we have to play " whack-a-Saddam" for months...

As terrible any bombing of a civilian area is, you have to admit that strike was an incredible piece of precision bombing. Just think four 2000 pounders struck and and destroyed an area of what looks like less than 100 ft. in diameter leaving the surrounding buildings more or less intact. There was even a car close enough to the point of impact that it got covered with dirt, but its windows weren't even blown out.

5. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Oops, yes that would be different without a doubt. :(

6. Joss

Joss F3 Dabbler

I'm with James. If'n he's in there I hope they can at least find the mustash.

That sucka needs to be "touchable dead" to let the Iraqis get over being snake-bit by him.

7. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Except...

Even touchable dead won't do it, are you kidding?

How many people believed Elvis was or even still is alive long after his death? Lennon? Bruce Lee?

There were rumors of Hitler being in Argentina for 30 years after WW2.

The list goes on and on.

But, regardless of dead or alive, none of thse people performed a show, slaughtered millions, or made a movie after their date of death...and Saddam has about as much relevance now as them.

8. Shyster d'Oil

Finding a body would help alleve the fears of the Iraqis brutalized by Saddam for decades, no doubt.

Saddam's head on a pike would be nice. . .

9. ysr612

ysr612 Well-Known Member

dead Kids
    when I was at war a child rolled a gernade under the truck in front of us. Luckly it was one of those red chin. ones so it went pop lifted the rear axels offf the ground but did no damage. Our driver got so deverted he target fixatied on the little kid and manage to move at least 5 wheels over the top of him.

10. Shyster d'Oil

Nice story Glen, but I'm not sure what the point is in this context. Bombs don't discriminate b/t combatants and non-combatants like your driver did. Not yet anyway.;)

Rodger

11. ysr612

ysr612 Well-Known Member

my point was that very often the combatants are younger then you would think. I think people as young as 10 - 12 can tell wrong from right.

12. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Rush L said if they needed some of Sodam Insanes DNA just take a swipe off of Peter Anetts lips, bound to be some there. :D

I've been reading too much of Rush lately need to find the onion or something else.

David

13. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

Sodam...

After/if the catch him alive, release him in downtown Bagdad, 10:00 am, The Iraqi people know how to give him a fair trial.... :D

Find him dead, put his body in downtown Bagdad 10:00 am, the Iraqi people know how to bury him.... :D

Osama

After/if the catch him alive, release him in downtown NewYork, 10:00 am, The NewYorker's know how to give him a fair trial...:D

Find him dead, put his body in downtown NewYork 10:00 am, the NewYorker's know how to bury him.... :D

14. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

That other thread reminded me of a thought that I had while watching the embedded news reporters.

Saddam has to be dead. My proof? Knowing that Ollie North was instrumental in the double-cross of Iraq with the covert arms deals, if Saddam was alive and watching Ollie on Fox News in Iraq he would have pulled out all of the plugs just to put a cap in his a$$. :D

Anybody know whatever happend to Fawn Hall?