1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UFC 235

Discussion in 'General' started by JBraun, Feb 28, 2019.

1. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Is this the best card ever? Who you got?

I’ll take Jones over Smith, Woodley over Usman, Askren over Lawler, Garbrandt over Munhoz, Walker over the Russian dude, and Stephens over Zabit.

Don’t care about the others really...

If you’re a betting man, Smith by KO in the first round pays +2000. I put a hundo on it just for fun.

2. Funny, I placed the same bet for $76 :)

JBraun likes this.
  3. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

I know I'm in the minority but I absolutely LOVE watching Askren fight. I've been waiting for this one for a long time.

4. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Anyone with a true understanding of fighting loves watching Askren. He takes no damage and wins fights on his terms. I don't think he's ever even been hurt. He's also never fought anyone nearly as good as Lawler. I think Ben wrestle-fucks him all over the cage like everyone else, but we'll see.

I get that the casual fan wants wheel kicks and shit, but Askren's style is obviously more effective.

SteveThompson likes this.
  5. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Yeah if a miracle happens for Smith it will probably be in the first round, so it's a fun bet.

6. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

Lima and Koreshkov are probably the 2 best guys he's beat. He beat them both easily.

I think it's amazing to watch someone who can impose their will like Askren does.

JBraun likes this.
  7. Exactly what I was thinking. I usually take about 200 and spread it around.

JBraun likes this.