1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Uber eats and food delivery aps are the future

Discussion in 'General' started by sicc, Jul 24, 2021.

1. sicc

sicc Well-Known Member

$70 for mediocre yaki, delivered. Wtf.

Attached Files:

418 likes this.
  2. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

I had a $30 off coupon for Uber Eats. A local Japanese place's Uber page said $0.49 delivery fee. Ordered two bento boxes which should have cost $25 plus tax. After Uber's jacking up of prices and adding a "processing fee," the order cost $10.

Never, ever again.

3. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I don’t let people deliver me my food. I see them at the restaurants waiting on others’ food. Nope. Those people are gross. Change my mind.

scottn, cm1744, jksoft and 6 others like this.
  4. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

And to think, just a short while ago. these people were the most "essential workers" in the nation.

CRA_Fizzer, MachineR1 and Quicktoy like this.
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup:

Sometimes it's worth it for convenience, other times not. I do run the numbers through the three main ones if I'm ordering delivery.

noles19 likes this.
  6. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

My oldest does that food delivery stuff ALOT. I’ve seen what brings it to the door. No thanks :Puke:

Quicktoy likes this.
  7. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

future of what? Having had the experience of growing up in an area where food delivery was par for the course... the only upside for restaurants is they don't have to keep a delivery person on staff. But that's also a downside
    as regular delivery drivers know their customers and tend to give them better or urgent service which nets a better gratuity. I typically have a rule about "waiting" in a line to order or pickup food. I wont do it...lol. And Im not paying a service charge to experience delivery either.

8. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Buy a grill.

YamahaRick likes this.
  9. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Lol. If you want to be lazy you run the risk of getting overpriced mediocre to shitty "food".

10. Christopher Graybosch

Christopher Graybosch Well-Known Member

Fries don’t keep after 20mins, I’m eating my food at the restaurant.

11. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

Fuck that.. NO way... Outside of a pizza delivery only from a place I know, delivered BY THEM!
    No way I'm gonna let some frankly probable dirty person touch money, doorhandles, steering wheels etc..multiple times before they get to me?
    Are Americans such overworked "slaves" that as a society can no longer afford time to at least prepare a decent meal? Now their being indoctrinated into not even being able to shop or feed themselves.
    OH Man! If anything ever bad happens economic collapse same as U. S.S.R. or WW3.....(That's possibly coming soon).
    The "snowflakes"a going to starve by the millions and take many with them...lol
    People are willso scared their going to wear a mask forever, but won't think twice about having unknowns handle their food...lol

12. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

So you're talking about people being scared but are scared of food delivery?:crackup:

R1Racer99 likes this.
  13. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Growing/raising/defending your own food is the future.

14. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

I thought genetically modified, nutritionally devoid, synthetically generated standardized meal pellets were the future?

You know, an MRE in pill form.

15. 88/532

Ain’t going to be any manufacturer’s after the Zombie Apocalypse, (or close facsimile) to make that shit.

16. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

We jumped from a three to a seven pretty quick there. Who's going to take this puppy to 11?

17. 88/532

The Zombie Apocalypse is a solid 12, maybe higher.

18. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Well that depends on who you blame for said apocalypse.

19. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I use them alot, for convenience's sake. During the pandemic it has been a lifesaver on the road, many hotel restaurants are closed and getting food after a late arrival is essential.

I have noticed in (S. Florida anyway), that many of the Eats drivers have cars that are too shitty to put passengers in, or they have their kids with them. I try not to think about the fact that I'm trusting my food to them. It's not like restaurant kitchens are much better.

My friend is an exec in the restaurant business, she told me they take 20% of the check. They literally cannot make any money on an uber eats order. Big Tech sucks (now, where's my sushi??)

MELK-MAN and SGVRider like this.
  20. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

But there is sure to be a surfeit of semicolons.