Tz 350 engine build

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by russ3769, May 1, 2020.

Tags:
  1. russ3769

russ3769 Member

I’m building a tz engine based on an rd350 a/b . Just wanted a bit of advice on using kdx200 pistons ?

2. cyclocrossfool

cyclocrossfool team chicken bone

you have 4pages of info over at the nats site.

3. russ3769

russ3769 Member

I know , yhh I had decided on using the kdx200 pistons and then someone starts talking about measurements and a couple of people we might know a little more .......

4. cyclocrossfool

cyclocrossfool team chicken bone

they do know there stuff over there. one of the guys builds new tz750 cases and other parts. lots of the guys race and have tz250/350/750's plus other racing 2 strokes. they are giving you the answers, just not the ones you want to hear.

5. russ3769

russ3769 Member

Yhh . It’s a bit dead over here in the uk with that sort of stuff . I can buy everything I need , it’s just these pistons , I should really just listen to the guy who races with them . Seems to swear by them

6. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

Are you building a water cooled engine by starting with RD components?

7. russ3769

russ3769 Member

Yes a/b crankcases . Using tz750 top end . Been done plenty and I seem to have everything planned now . I have a dry clutch housing with kickstart already . You can buy a water pump that runs off the oil pump .

8. dave3593

GREAT!!

9. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Fahron?

10. russ3769

russ3769 Member

Fondseca .

11. dave3593

Are you making any progress on the project? I've bought parts from Fondseca and am impressed.

12. russ3769

russ3769 Member

Spending all my money on a zxr400 for the road atm . Then I have a lot of work to do on my mg to sell so I can rent a house with a garage hopefully or a big garden for a shed . Don’t earn an awful lot so it’s one job at a time

13. dave3593

Please post about this engine when you work on it. What an interesting build!

14. russ3769

russ3769 Member

Gonna be a long wait , I’m going to start investing some money , when I have £8000 I can think about building just the engine . The rest of the bike seems cheap by comparison and I already have wheels/suspension . At least I can paint it myself .lol