1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tz 350 engine build

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by russ3769, May 1, 2020.

Tags:
  1. russ3769

russ3769 Member

I’m building a tz engine based on an rd350 a/b . Just wanted a bit of advice on using kdx200 pistons ?

2. cyclocrossfool

cyclocrossfool Well-Known Member

you have 4pages of info over at the nats site.

3. russ3769

russ3769 Member

I know , yhh I had decided on using the kdx200 pistons and then someone starts talking about measurements and a couple of people we might know a little more .......

4. cyclocrossfool

cyclocrossfool Well-Known Member

they do know there stuff over there. one of the guys builds new tz750 cases and other parts. lots of the guys race and have tz250/350/750's plus other racing 2 strokes. they are giving you the answers, just not the ones you want to hear.

5. russ3769

russ3769 Member

Yhh . It’s a bit dead over here in the uk with that sort of stuff . I can buy everything I need , it’s just these pistons , I should really just listen to the guy who races with them . Seems to swear by them

6. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

Are you building a water cooled engine by starting with RD components?

7. russ3769

russ3769 Member

Yes a/b crankcases . Using tz750 top end . Been done plenty and I seem to have everything planned now . I have a dry clutch housing with kickstart already . You can buy a water pump that runs off the oil pump .

8. dave3593

GREAT!!

9. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Fahron?

10. russ3769

russ3769 Member

Fondseca .

11. dave3593

Are you making any progress on the project? I've bought parts from Fondseca and am impressed.

12. russ3769

russ3769 Member

Spending all my money on a zxr400 for the road atm . Then I have a lot of work to do on my mg to sell so I can rent a house with a garage hopefully or a big garden for a shed . Don’t earn an awful lot so it’s one job at a time

13. dave3593

Please post about this engine when you work on it. What an interesting build!

14. russ3769

russ3769 Member

Gonna be a long wait , I’m going to start investing some money , when I have £8000 I can think about building just the engine . The rest of the bike seems cheap by comparison and I already have wheels/suspension . At least I can paint it myself .lol