1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Two Bikes, Spare Engines, Spare Parts And A Fake $30,000 "Cashier's Check"?

Discussion in 'General' started by John29, May 9, 2011.

1. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

<----I never said Mark should or shouldn't have shipped the bikes. I have no emotional attachments to this, I just made an informed response to what you said because I read all the RRW articles pertaining to this matter. There is always risk, but you acted like paypal or Credit cards are the way to go, when paypal if its not ebay related will barely look at the case, and for $50, anyone can buy a credit card scanner that will read the numbers into your computer

2. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

I don't think I implied any such thing, but if that's how you interpreted it I accept responsibility for not making myself clear. I did not mean to imply that PayPal or escrow is without risk. It does reduce risk, by how much is what every party has to determine.

Any financial transaction has risk, if you don't understand the policies and technical details of the transaction and you get burned, it's your own fault.

Shipping merchandise when the payment is still reversible carries risk regardless if it's PayPal, wire transfer, or cashier's check. This will happen again, and it'll be because of the same problems. I bet if we do a BBS search for this type of topic and analyze the transactions, they will have very similar problems.

Last edited: May 18, 2011
  3. Quicktoy

DUH!

Again if you had read the RRW articles the Junges admitted making a mistake and they would wait from now on, but yes you said paypal or other escrow services that'll take their 3% far outweighs losing the money. I'd have no clue how to make a fake check, but screwing someone over using paypal or another escrow service is pretty easy to do.

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Well Mark should have done this or Mark should have done that or Mark should have had the dude pay with X.

Oh bullshit! If a scumbag wants to get over he will.

Paypal is bullshit. Cert checks are bullshit. Hell, cash even runs a risk.

Being Captain hindsight makes you captain asshole.

5. Quicktoy

I should take my own advice Dave and read my own signature LOL

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Arguing? Nope, not me man. I'm giving him a graceful exit strategy.

7. Quicktoy

no LOL, I said I should take my own advice not you LOL

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Why? I'm nice. I'm friendly. I'm a good guy who like puppies and kitties who also hates Hitler. lol!

9. Quicktoy

LOL, no. I should take my own advice and not argue with him LOL

10. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

What's done is done, and what he should or shouldn't have done in particular isn't relevant, nor is it what's being discussed other than as a general reference.

Discussing the problems with this and similar transactions and how it might be avoided by others in the future is actually helpful to the board.

Calling me Captain Asshole is definitely true, but that's more of an inherent quality and not a result of talking about this topic.

Your attitude of "they'll pull one over on me anyway" and using it as an excuse to not do anything is why people get burned.

You and Quicktoy can call me an asshole or an idiot, or whatever have you, but I'm still right, and you're still people who use a warped logic that will lead to financial losses and heartache. The next time someone posts about getting burned, and for the same reason, I'm sure both of you and most everyone else will be super helpful with your "that blows!" and "go bash them in the knees!" comments.

Dave, I don't need your graceful exit strategy, but thanks for your help. I'll stop now and you can go back to making your super useful witticisms and ad hominem attacks. By the way, I too love puppies and kittens and Hitler. Wait, hate Hitler! ;) We have something in common.

Last edited: May 18, 2011
  11. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

What kinds of side dishes do you like with your puppies and kittens Dave?

12. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Dude, the kitten stole you're slim jim and now your trusting them enough to believe it when they say they hate Hitler!!!!

David

13. Coopster

Coopster Well-Known Member

Wait...

He is Slim Jim?

14. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

your.

you're

15. tall guy

tall guy Active Member

i dont post here much but have been a long time lerker. what a great ending to a otherwise horseshit situation.

and sgvrider, way to shit on a know positive thread

16. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

Ty reminded me of this infamous office space quote:

"We get caught laundering money, we're not going to white-collar resort prison. No, no, no. We're going to federal POUND ME IN THE ASS prison"

Good luck mark...hope you guys catch this scumbag...

And Ty...don't drop the soap!

17. TEAMLIKETYSPLIT

TEAMLIKETYSPLIT In Limbo

Words Ty will hopefully hear:

Wake up we're gonna play house! You wanna be the man or the wife?
    Uhhhhh...i wanna be the man!
    GOOD! Get down here and suck your wife's dick! :D

18. OldSwartout

OldSwartout Well-Known Member

BTW, did the girlfriend collect the reward? That seems to have been overlooked in the ensuing discussion. From the conditions for the reward, it sounds like she would have qualified. She probably deserves it just for having had to put up with the scumbag. :rolleyes:

19. mikendzel

mikendzel Anonymous

20. SVbadguy

SVbadguy I survived the Mt Course

Most of his cases in Hanover County today were appealed. The driving after being declared a habitual offender charge says finalized but refer to circuit court for final disposition. I'll take that to mean it was also appealed. As if a jury won't find him guilty. :crackup:

A few more weeks to go for his cases in VA Beach.