1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turn 2 and 3 Road Atlanta

Discussion in 'General' started by lovemyr6, May 16, 2003.

1. lovemyr6

lovemyr6 Well-Known Member

Anybody else rode new turn 2&3 yet? Yesterday was my first time ever riding at Road A and I didn't think the new turns were that bad but I don't have the old to compare it to. Definitely worth downshifting for (at least on my bike using the stock gearing) to get a good exit. I talk to some AMA'ers there yesterday and they said that it was soooo slow compared to the old.

I wonder how long they are expecting the new grass to stay in the straight line through it? It was all nice and pretty around it yesterday in the morning while it was still raining but by the time the last session hit a couple of people had moto-Xed straight across.

Oh yeah- forget about going 2 wide through there too.- or good luck I should say.

Dang that is a cool track

2. IYFphoto

IYFphoto Ripper of fish lips

What a track hog;)

You gonna be hanging around? Some of our crew is already camped out...

3. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

I thought it sucked compared to the old section. But I guess its safer. Its very narrow and definitely a one line section. They also repaved turn five. It was a lot smoother than the old pavement.

IMO, they need to repave the whole track. Turn 12 is very bumpy right before the apex and only getting worse. I also thought turn one had gotten bumpier as well. But I still love the layout, that'll never change.

Kris
    Ex87

4. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

i rode it yesterday as well, and it is slow! and i find it ruins the rythym of the track somewhat. it is good for spinning the rear up on the exit though. i enjoyed my day yesterday, 1st session was rainy as hell but the rest was all good. were you guys on the trackride as well?? btw i also agree with the 1 line through there as well, a bit tight for sure.

Last edited: May 16, 2003
  5. lovemyr6

Track hog

Shhhhhh! You weren't supposed to tell people the secret behind my avitar.:D
    Yeah I'll drop by for a while but I gotta watch myself. I just might grab some body's bike and run out on the track with it.
    "I plead insanity Your Honor- Don't remember a thing."

6. lovemyr6

At least you have some rhythm to get disrupted!
    Yeah the Team Hammer thing. There were only 4 of us on the track on the first session because of the rain. You must've been the one that lapped me :eek: But I didn't have rain tires on (my tires are always the first thing I blame- hehe) and didn't want to add anymore personality to my bike than it already has.:p My gas tank and upper are full of personality.

Last edited: May 16, 2003
  7. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

i didn't go out that 1st session, but i went out the rest, i was #862nv on a black, red and silver 97GSXR750. black and red leathers.