1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Truck bed tonneau cover

Discussion in 'General' started by masshole, Feb 14, 2016.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Correct, but I have no intention of ever putting a motorcycle in a pickup bed, at least not a streetbike. If it's a dirbike or a scooter you can toss it in there at an angle and close the tailgate but for a bigger bike I'll just use the trailer. The trailer is a million times easier to load too.

2. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Like a front wheel of a Motorcycle.... That's the reason I didn't get one.... I think I am one of the selected few that will still throw a bike in the back of a truck and head out...

3. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

I have a hard TRI fold (yes, yes I do :) )
    That came with my 3500. If I was going to purchase one, I would get the roll up.

I can stand on my try fold, but I don't know about the roll ups

gabriel likes this.
  4. Sprinky

Sprinky Well-Known Member

How do the roll ups handle snow and ice? Just got a new truck and I'm leaning towards the Truxedo Duece because of its front panel opening but a roll up would be nice as long as it's not inoperable all winter long

TLR67 likes this.
  5. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Mine has 2 Support Bars in it and held up fine.... 4 inches with Ice is the most its seen....

6. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Pretty sure they sell thru established shops eg: http://www.truckcoversusa.com/dealer-locator/

Nils supplied direct, to a few of my employees over the years. They're based in San Diego.

7. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

L8RSK8R likes this.
  8. Inst Tech

Inst Tech ain't no half steppin

I studied this for a couple months before buying the roll-n-lock. Most places were around 1500 but I finally found a place that charged me 1050$. I had it installed in Tulsa over the Christmas break then drove back home to Houston with the bed loaded down. One of the latches wasn't installed correctly from the installer. Since another authorized dealer here in town would have charged me labor to fix it, Roll-n-Lock sent a technician from Florida and he showed up at my job and fixed it in the parking lot at no charge.
    I really like it. I can keep my rifle, etc. in the bed and not take up space in the cab and now I don't have to worry about someone jackin my stuff while I run in to the convenient store. Has drains on each side for the water. I was hesitant about spending that much coin on a bedcover but it looks like a quality product and the customer service was surprising.

9. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

I ended up ordering the Bak Revolver X2 Rolling Tonneau Cover (2010-2015 Dodge Ram 1500 2500 3500 6'4"), the more I looked around the more undecided I was. Same one from the link in post #27.

The Ram cover was in the $849-899 price range with free shipping everywhere I looked online. An ebay store accepted my offer for $800 shipped this morning, should be here by the end of next week.

10. PATBAROK

PATBAROK I <3 Poontang

I got my Bakflip from AutoAnything.com, give them a call-you can definitely haggle on the price with them.

11. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

I already paid for mine and feel like I got a good deal on it :beer: