1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trophies or Plaques for 2002

Discussion in 'General' started by atspeed, Jan 5, 2002.

1. atspeed

atspeed Praying Member

Every year a decision is made for one or the other and every year someone doesn't like the decision. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Your input may or may not have an effect on the final decision but at least you'll have a voice. [​IMG]

WERA has the FINAL word so you can lobby for your choice. [​IMG]

2. SpongeBob WeaselPants

SpongeBob WeaselPants Bohemian Ass-Clown

You're asking, watch out. As of late, the BBSers are telling all JU, Pit Bull TRaxxion, Mongo and all else how they should run everything. You just opened up a BIG can of worms... let's see... trophies? plaques? superbowl-style rings? leather jackets? tattoos? trphy girls? and also, you should be at every event with an engraving machine... [​IMG]

I'm not particular... unless 39 other guys crash I have little shot at the top three.
    Eric

[This message has been edited by Eric (edited 01-05-2002).]

3. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

Screw trophies. Show me the money! [​IMG]

4. Roach

Roach Yamaha Catapult Tester

Keep it the same as 2001.

Mongo did a good thing in having a trophy for 1st, and non-disco-gold [​IMG] plaques for 2nd and 3rd.
    - Roach

5. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

Why not top 5? So us losers from CCS can get 'em too.

6. Due North

Due North Source of Insanity

I like the trophies.

7. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

I agree with Roach. I like the extra added incentive to finish 1st for the trophy instead of the plaque. Nothing like a couple plaques to motivate you to go for the trophy! [​IMG]

I'm assuming this is for the Sportsman stuff and they will continue to give out those big ass trophies in the National series. [​IMG]

8. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

i would like to have either. its been a long time. but i do have a disco wall.

i like the top five thing to. it makes me feel a little better. it takes work to get into the top five in most classes.

9. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

Stick, you couldn't finish top five in a race with four bikes [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by Ex CCS Racer (edited 01-05-2002).]

10. Kris18

Kris18 Guest

I always liked the plaques. They took up less room. And you can stack'em up out of the way when you don't display them.

11. stickboy274

atg least i finish [​IMG]

12. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

I finish, most of the time [​IMG]

13. stickboy274

call me and tell me if you have the stuff i need. i dont wat to ride over there if i dont have to

14. SClark

SClark Righteous Indignator!

On my Fireplace mantle I have a 1st Place Nat'l trophy, with a 2nd an 3rd Nat'l on each side and two Sportsman 1st's outside of that.

It's a grand display that could not be duplicated with Plaques.

And if you want a 4th or 5th place plaque, race CCS. [​IMG]

15. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

If you didn't see it in the other thread, I don't have anything but 12mm washers. Sorry.

16. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

I've got 8 trophies and 3 end of year certificates. They're all plaques. Look a little dull together. They are different colors though. [​IMG]

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

While Mongo may have explained the reasoning behind that choice - he had nothing to do with the choice itself. That good call would be Evelyne, Emily, and Sharon along with Tony and 'Nisha....

18. atspeed

atspeed Praying Member

Lovely how some things are remembered [​IMG]

Can't we do it for the new crop of novices, since they didn't get to survive it the first time? [​IMG] [​IMG]

19. SClark

SClark Righteous Indignator!

Hey! Now there's a sandbagging deterent. Disco gold 1st place plaques for the amateurs. 2nd-5th get trophies. [​IMG]

20. Bad Iguana

Bad Iguana Well-Known Member

I kind of like the superbowl-style ring idea. Mainly because if I EVER win anything I'm going to brag about it until I die. [​IMG]

Yo, Mongo, remember the idea that came up last summer about a "racers/workers only" jacket? As I reach daily for a coat to ward off the cold and deal with the "jones" I have for track time, I think that would be a cool thing to have.