1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

trailer wheel bearing prices?

Discussion in 'General' started by jp233, Jul 31, 2004.

1. jp233

jp233 hu huh, you said "member"

hey what is a decent trailer wheel bearing price? there is no local trailer place really but the Federated auto parts place can order them. not looking to get hosed on the price...

2. Eric_77

Eric_77 Well-Known Member

3. Eddie845

Eddie845 E-LO FRM THE BLOCK

already wore those things out man?:D

4. jp233

no, they look fine and all but i hadnt put any new grease in there and to be safe, i'd rather replace them now. id rather do it now than get stuck in no where.

5. jck22903

jck22903 zee 500, eez like, Faaack

Around $12 or so at my local Tractor Supply.

I carry spares and grease (the jack is onboard if I'm heading to a track). Feel the hubs when you stop; a hot one is a harbinger of bearing failure.

If you use a trailer year-round, you shouldn't have the same moisture issues that plague those who use trailers only during the summer.

6. gixserman

gixserman Well-Known Member

$14 for a kit with the seal and cotter pin..at Murrays Auto here.

That is just how I found mine.. when I got back from my last day at the track one of the rims was warmer then the other... not a bunch, but warmer... when I took it apart, you could see where water got in there and it was noisier then the others.

7. barnacle bill

barnacle bill Darethea and B Bill

bearing buddies

after you install those new bearings install a set of bearing buddies in place of your standard grease cups. just hit them a few pumps with the grease gun before a long trip. I use them on all my boat trailers that get dunked repeated and no problems in 15 years. I have them on my leather repair trailer also . cost less than 10.00 and well worth it. they have them at walmart . just what works for me. best to all barnacle bill

8. jp233

thanks all. yeah the bearing buddies were a PITA to get off. one of the wheels had disgusting grease in there shades of yellow, brownish, green. the bearings were in decent shape so I have spares now. gotta definitely hit them with the grease gun a lot more than i had before

9. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

I go to a bearing distributor here in Columbia.

I got the best bearings they had in the size and seals for four wheels for $100 or so. It rolled so much better my mileage went up