Trade:1997 Honda RS125

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by monkeyfist, Nov 4, 2018.

1. monkeyfist

monkeyfist Active Member

I have a 1997 Honda RS125 with a generous spares package that just isn’t getting any track time these days, so I’m looking to trade it for something that I’ll be able to use more often: an Aprilia SXV550, ideally 2008 or newer (CA emissions approved starting in 2008). Pics probably do more than words, although all of the ones I have are too high-res to post and I don’t have them edited to reduce size at the moment. PM if you’re up for a trade.

2. motion

motion On an adventure somewhere

Pics, words, location, price... I think you can do better!

3. monkeyfist

monkeyfist Active Member

Sorry - I didn't have the tools to get the images resized below 1MB when I was posting this originally, so here we go! Bike is located in SoCal, pretty much a standard 1997-spec bike with a few upgrades: Marvic Penta wheels, radial caliper fork lowers from a 2001, powerjet carb harness & ECU. Spares packages includes gaskets, 2 cylinders, 4 heads, most bearings & bolts and a handful of other things that I'm forgetting at the moment. Ideally, I'm just looking for to trade for an Aprilia SXV550 but I could be open to reasonable offers.

Attached Files:

4. rob linders

rob linders Well-Known Member

FYI, those are actually the 2004 and newer radial spec fork lowers with radial master cylinder. It also has a newer spec tank, it has the sculpted out area for your chin bar when tucking.

L8RSK8R and ToofPic like this.
  5. John Branch

John Branch The REAL92

How much $$$

Crconnor18 likes this.
  6. Littlehat

Littlehat Well-Known Member

Pm'ed

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

7. monkeyfist

monkeyfist Active Member

Thanks Rob - you're correct that those are from 2004 forks... My memory was elsewhere when I was writing this morning. I didn't realize that the tank was the newer spec - thanks for the info!

8. rob linders

rob linders Well-Known Member

:beer:
    The forks I was sure were the latest spec, as we had them on one of Tyler's bikes. The tank is newer than what we had on his last bike, which was a 96 or 97, so I'm presuming it is also 04 and later.

Good Luck with your trade or sale.

9. Will9465

Will9465 Well-Known Member

Looks clean

10. Sullivan

Sullivan Active Member

They didn't run the power jet until 98 as best I am aware. The body work also looks to be 04 as well. I might be wrong. Beautiful bike though

11. monkeyfist

monkeyfist Active Member

Yep, the powerjet stuff was brought from a newer bike ('99 or '00, if I remember correctly) and now that you mention it, I believe the bodywork, airbox and radiator are A-kit parts with the side-entry air scoop. Thanks for catching that!

12. Sullivan

Sullivan Active Member

Yes you are correct. Do you know if that actually runs an A kit ecu.

13. monkeyfist

monkeyfist Active Member

No, it's not an A-kit ECU; it's a standard '99 or '00 part. I can pull the exact part number to confirm which ECU when I get home.

14. monkeyfist

monkeyfist Active Member

15. Victor

Victor Well-Known Member

Wow
    Very clean GLWS wish I had what you are looking for.

16. monkeyfist

monkeyfist Active Member

Bump for the holiday weekend. Still interested in trades for an SXV550 but decided I'm open to selling it. Asking $5500 obo.

John Branch likes this.
  17. Victor

Victor Well-Known Member

If I could sell a bike I would love to buy. Any interest in a 2012 zx6r or a rare Ed Sealy SMR 630 If you no anyone looking for either I would sell and grab yours
    If not good luck with sale

18. Deckwan

Deckwan Member

pm sent

19. monkeyfist

monkeyfist Active Member

Sale pending...

20. monkeyfist

monkeyfist Active Member