1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TrackMaster App - Map sharing/trading.....

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by XFBO, Jun 16, 2010.

1. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Hey guys!

Since the Android phones are getting more and more popular and there seems to be an increase in people buying the GPS track timer app (Trackmaster), I figured now's a good time to have a thread dedicated to sharing and/or trading track maps that may already be configured with 'split markers'.

Unfortunately, I'm still fairly new to the App and it's functions, it's my understanding that you can create your own maps/split markers on Google Earth, problem for me, is NJMP doesn't come up as of yet. So if anyone has both NJMP maps I'd appreciate it if you can either email it to me or link it so I could post it up on here.

I was there recently but since I had the phone in my chest pocket the map came out horrible, otherwise I'd start things off with the NJMP map.

2. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

3. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Did I do something wrong? :eek:

If I did, my bad, mod please delete. I kinda thought GPS tracker data could fall into the trackday theme. :D

Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
  4. Gigantic

not at all, just subscribing!

5. Gigantic

Do you have maps for NJMP?

6. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting, I just bought it. I'll try it out in a couple of weeks.

7. Jackhammer1k

Jackhammer1k Well-Known Member

i got maps for autobahn country club NORTH and gingerman.

i still cant figure out if its better with "alot" of split markers or only put split markers at each turn.

the mph/top speed is not accurate.....rest are good and about .2 off XT Timer

8. pinnEd999

pinnEd999 dale' gas!

I have the original G1 with the trackmaster app. I've been using it on my canyon rides and so far it works pretty good. I use the armband I picked up from ebay and it doesn't move or get in the way. I haven't had any issues with the gps either, it tracks perfectly and provides some cool data. I'll try it out at my races this weekend and see how it performs...thanks for the thread, I'm sure you will get some good info. :up:

9. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I do!

Ikilledkenny sent it to me last night, will be posting it up shortly, not sure where to post it up yet. LOL!

10. ikilledkenny

ikilledkenny Well-Known Member

11. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

You da man IKK!

12. ikilledkenny

ikilledkenny Well-Known Member

lol

i updated the list with, VIR North, VIR South and for those adventurous types added pocono east as well.

13. Matt399

Matt399 Well-Known Member

How are you guys securing your phone on the bike while on the track? I thought about getting this app but I really don't wanna add insult to injury by breaking my phone in a crash.

14. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Matt- I plan on buying that $55 (http://www.amazon.com/BT-Q890-Keychain-Bluetooth-Receiver-Configurable/dp/B001EUX1I8) bluetooth GPS receiver mentioned in the other thread. At least with that, you can mount they keychain on the tail and leave the phone in your pocket. Can a potential crash kill the phone in your pocket? Yea probably but thinking it might be better protected there then velcro'ed on the bike. Plus you have a little more security knowing it wont just fall off the bike and it supposedly makes the data a little more accurate.

15. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

16. DuncR6

DuncR6 BCICAN

Ram mount aqua box You could use this case and then mount it inside of your bike's tail or something. I have the small case for my Droid and it fits just barely. The medium size case would work too. I'm going to have a dremel and shave off a little from the case's corners so the phone sits better inside the small case. The front protection rubber screen does still work the touch screen on the Droid.

17. bkrett

bkrett Well-Known Member

This is a pretty cool app. I just got mine set up and took it to the motocross track. Lots of info. I cant compare it to a starlane or something equivalent since I dont have those but it still works pretty good. Lots of data to review for improvement.
    I used the 5hz Qstar which is definitely a must. I found that walking the track and setting splits, it missed one split. I went back and did an overlay of my lapping and found that one of the splits was off the line so I moved the split to the race line and otherwise its good.
    Got the twitter function working, my wife was at home checking my ride since she was with the baby. Got the e-mail of spreadsheet working. Once on a spread sheet you can graph all kinds of stuff.
    Even without the data the overlay function is good to see where you are on and off the throttle and compare split times vs. theoretical best time.

18. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

[url="http://members.cox.net/djhowell125/ArroyoSecoSplits%20CCW.kmz]Arroyo Seco CW[/url]
    [url="http://members.cox.net/djhowell125/ArroyoSecoSplits%20CW.kmz]Arroyo Seco CCW[/url]
    [url="http://members.cox.net/djhowell125//MillerEastSplits.kmz]Miller Motorsports Park East Config[/url]

19. DuncR6

DuncR6 BCICAN

I have Putnam and Mid-Ohio....but how do I upload them here? Don't I need my own website for hosting?

20. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

Last edited: Jul 28, 2010