1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Track incident or someone's fault?

Discussion in 'General' started by Aglareinmyeyes, Oct 10, 2019.

?

Pay for damage to his truck from wind gust and easy-up contact

1. Pay 100% for his repairs

81.5%
  2. Pay 50% of his repairs

4.0%
  3. Pay 25% of his repairs

3.2%
  4. Pay nothing

11.3%
  1. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Onto could work:D

3. ton

ton Arf!

it might be more fun!

4. BigBird

BigBird blah

Body shops make money like it's a printing press. A good one is not cheap at all.

Sent from my smatrfone

5. Phl218

Phl218 .

There is no scratch

BigBird likes this.
  6. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Word to all do not pit next to this guy!

you are own your own, literally. Squeaks when he walks and is a half ass small town want a be lawyer who believes his own bullshit.

Yep

7. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

[​IMG]

8. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Somebody used a golf cart at Loudon for weight. It didn't go well. We normally have pretty gusty winds at Loudon and had them at Bridgehampton. (I came up with the term "Bridgehampton Hang Gliders" to describe EZ Ups that got carried away.) Control has a good view of the infield and if he doesn't like what he sees, he'll radio to me to make announcements to warn people of the threat. Nobody in their right mind leaves them up overnight.

[​IMG]

MELK-MAN and BigBird like this.
  9. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

The last time we got hit with a supercell, we had plenty of warning and were ready for it. We always have weather radar up and running in the Media Center.

10. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Writing at a high school level doesn't make anyone a "want a be lawyer". I have experience with liability issues, so I shared my opinion/experience. Anything else, tough guy?

MELK-MAN likes this.
  11. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Maybe supercell was even a bad example. Dirt devil? Trackday with nobody watching weather? The point is weather can and does sneak up on us occasionally. It doesn't make someone negligent.

12. Aglareinmyeyes

Aglareinmyeyes Well-Known Member

I'm glad to see that everyone has made valid points in both directions. I have a feeling the poll wasn't replied to by everyone so it might not really be a true reflection. Polls people...not always accurate, as we in the US should clearly understand. I didn't want to put it through insurance because it's kind of a bullshit way to handle it. Anything over $1000 on a claim can stick with either party for 7 years. Possibly costing more than the damage when you factor in potential rate increases. He's a guy I have to deal with on a regular basis and I think/hope kicking in half should smooth this over. Shitty situation for both of us, and there's no getting around it. I'd rather take the high-ish road and chip in then to be the dickbag who left him hanging. Thanks to everyone who participated in the conversation, and yes, that includes you Mr. Tool.

Funkm05 and HPPT like this.
  13. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

I had to stop and read this twice to make sure I got the whole scene right.

Provided the story is true, I simply cannot imagine an outcome that's not a fist fight. What year and where did this happen? The answers may explain what I'm missing.

14. 418

418 Expert #59

Just because you're gonna let BMW rape you to he tune of $550 for that scratch doesn't mean that's actually the going rate for a repair like that.

Dealers have mobile repair guys come in every week and knock shit like that out for a song.

If a guy wants $1500 for some scratches fixed then he either needs to claim it on his insurance or find somebody that is more reasonable price wise.

BigBird likes this.
  15. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Totally true story. At the drag strip Rockingham NC, in the eatly 2000s, guys were straight thugs. Before I did what I did I spoke to track owner and sheriff , nothing they could do. So my buddy made the suggestion to fuck the guy. The Streetbike Shoot out class was starting to make their passes and all 5 of the guys went to watch so I put the disc lock on his shit threw the key away and went to watch too. When it was time for him to go make his run. he fell over immediately. I was sitting in the stands watching it unfold. The hood on my truck had to be replaced and fender repaired paid by my insurance.

SGVRider likes this.
  16. 418

418 Expert #59

Ah, makes complete sense. :D

Shenanigans likes this.
  17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Your ezup messed it up you pay to fix it. We're doing it right now because a WERA ezup wasn't tied down properly.

On track is different. You didn't have your canopy properly secured.

BigBird likes this.
  18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Damn, I had the same basic thing happen to me at the bar for trivia until I watched Coming to America :crackup:

Which I bought and watched :D

BigBird likes this.
  19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

We've been over that. :D

edit: you posted between this and the post I was responding to.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep it sucks but you gotta do it right. Check your homeowners, might help some.