1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Track day for 13 yr old

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by 021torch, Jun 13, 2009.

1. 021torch

021torch Well-Known Member

We are looking for track day providers that will accept a new 13 yr old rider. He has done the wera riding school :up:and we are going to continue doing wera events but would also like to do some track days.

2. nickmick

nickmick Active Member

anyone i'm not doing. i'm gonna feel real bad when i get lapped by a 13yr old....my fragile ego can't take it ;)

3. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

Cornerspeed allows younger riders. Give them a shout to see what the age limit is, I'm pretty sure 13 will be okay.

4. whitey21

whitey21 umm...yeah.

i believe ed bargy allows younger riders. the main problem is that some tracks dont allow them. i think jennings is one that doesnt anyone under 16 at trackdays.

5. Bluenvy

Bluenvy Well-Known Member

was your son the one riding the 125cc i believe, at summit on june 6?
    i took the riders school that weekend as well and we had a 13 y/o in our class...

6. 021torch

021torch Well-Known Member

Yes that was him on the rs125.We got a couple good links for schools and track days.Thanks

7. GapJedi

GapJedi Member

I believe we (Elite Sport Bike) allow younger riders. Check with Robert (owner) to be sure.

An organization's challenge is often figuring out which group to place young riders because they are often on a small GP bike that maintains good corner speed but are often slow enough on some straights to be a risk to themselves and others. It is often a lose, lose situation for the track day organization and the young customer. The Novice group is too structured and slow for the yound rider. The intermediate group is a mix bag of problems, often the other customers are too slow in the corners for the young rider and the young rider too slow for the faster intermediates on the straights. Also many intermediate riders don't have enough experience to know how to deal with a slow bike on the straights which can lead to higher speed accidents. In general, the advance group riders have the experience to deal with a slower rider but the speed difference on the straights is often too much to allow such a situation to continue.

Tracks with slower turns and short straights like Talladega Gran Prix Raceway can sometimes work. But even with such a track it often depends on the customer skill mix that participates on any given weekend.