1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toyota Tundra....I supercharged it

Discussion in 'General' started by Prov431, Dec 17, 2010.

1. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Very cool setup. Test drove a TRD Rock Warrior crewcab version the other day - damn are they nice.

2. jrsmail

jrsmail Member

Love the charger noise...:)

3. BC

BC Well-Known Member

I wonder how the drivetrain on a 4x4 would hold up with those #'s ?

Would it all be covered under warranty as well?

4. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

You got your ass handed to by that car, even passed you on the right.:crackup:

5. joedogR6

joedogR6 Well-Known Member

Any transmission upgrades to handle the extra power and towing?

6. Prov431

Prov431 I know WU

Actually, I was at a dead stop on the onramp and he figured I wasn't going anywhere....when I finally got the vid going and gassed it, he was passing me on the shoulder.
    The truck will pretty much whoop most cars.....while towing no less.

7. Prov431

Prov431 I know WU

Nope, nothing required so says Toyota.
    If they warranty the entire power train with the addition of their SC, they must know it'll hold up to the extra power output.

I do know of a few 4x4 users on the Tundra forums...no one has had any issues.

8. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

Just busting your balls for getting passed on the right.;) I did notice that you were on his ass real quick though and I bet the driver of the car did too.

9. gothicbeast

gothicbeast Back by court order

It's interesting the power that a 5.7L Gas Engine can produce when forced induction is used.

10. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

I've wondered what these kits felt like on the new 5.7 tundra. I have a 00 4runner with one and it makes a huge difference, I can only imagine one on the 5.7! They're prettys stout N/A!

Oh, and just because your dealer hasn't put any on doesn't mean they're inept. I've yet to be asked to mount one up for a customer, but would gladly do it if given the chance.

11. Prov431

Prov431 I know WU

I totally agree.....in fact the dealer I picked to do the install had never done one on a 5.7, I was his first....they had the best attitude and professionalism of the dealers I questioned about doing the job.

I know you were kiddin Tracee:beer:
    Wanna race?:Poke:

12. SPATT

SPATT In a gravel pit near you

13. WFOchris

WFOchris Custom User Title

I work in the engine plant that built that- can you give me the 7 digit serial number on the engine that begins with a 7 I think? Our guy that handles warranty will appreciate it :D

PS- I love it!

14. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

What psi boost are you running? The screw type chargers are great for low rpm power, I would think that is a really conservative tune with the numbers you posted it should be great for reliability.

15. Prov431

Prov431 I know WU

I believe it's 8 psi......rumor has it the engine is good for quite a bit more power without compromising reliability

16. Prov431

Prov431 I know WU

It rips as soon as you hit the pedal

17. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

You don't know my whole story with my dealer. So when I said I bolted to the door when asked if they had ever installed a supercharger on a 5.7 believe me it was in my best interest. This is the same jackass bunch that dented my drivers door on the lift while performing a routine oil change on my truck.:rolleyes: So yea installing a supercharger might be a long shot with this particular dealer. BTW I am done with them.

18. 2weelferrum04

2weelferrum04 Well-Known Member

Very impressive
    I wish I had the money to do that upgrade. Maybe next year

19. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

In that case I can see your point. There definitely are good and bad organizations out there. Another thing to keep in mind is that there are also good and bad techs at different dealerships, and as much as we try to prevent things from happening, accidents and mistakes will occasionally occur. It's how you deal with them when they do that makes the difference!

I try to speak with every one of my customers when they bring their car in for service and build a relationship with them. Not only does it help out with diagnosing/repairing concerns, it also helps them to see that we're all human and when the rare problem situation arises it eases their minds quite a bit. There is also the added bonus of having customers request that only I service their vehicles! It makes my day to get a repair order with a technician request line on it.

20. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

Got a link ? I would be interested in reading that.