1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tour de France thread

Discussion in 'General' started by speedluvn, Jul 4, 2017.

1. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

The fourth stage was today. During the sprint finish today Mark Cavendish went down hard due to a racing incident about a 100 meters from the line.

18 more stages to go

2. sbkidd

sbkidd Well-Known Member

Hope Sagan didn't do that on purpose!

3. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

It was more of Cavendish trying to go for an opening that wasnt there. That was a racing incident.
    Peter Sagan is a star of the sport. I'd be surprised if Sagan is disqualified.

4. noeyes

noeyes Well-Known Member

Any word on Cavendish? I bet that shoulder is separated. Did anyone notice his leg when the other rider hit him? I was surprised he finished the stage.

5. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Sagan DQd from the Tour. Totally ridiculous punishment for a racing incident.

K51000 and TurboBlew like this.
  6. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

:eek: yikes!

7. noeyes

noeyes Well-Known Member

Well damn! Didn't see that coming.

speedluvn likes this.
  8. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

did he really get dq'd? Or is Cavendish's team just pleading their case?

9. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

TurboBlew likes this.
  10. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Remember this??
    [​IMG]

cajun636 likes this.
  11. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

is there something Im missing? I havent seen any images that show he purposely put an elbow out...

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Maybe look for video?

:D

13. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Nothing missing. The officials in bicycle racing, especially in the TDF, repeatedly put their egos in front of fairness. Bunch of soft old boys who have no clue how brutal bicycle racing can be. Make some headlines instead of doing the right thing. I think this might permanently damage the race. It damages it for me.

TurboBlew likes this.
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Maybe like officials in motorsports they see no reason for the sport to be brutal and get riders injured....

Cannoli likes this.
  15. G 97

G 97 Garth

:stupid: Nevermind that Sagan was slightly ahead as Cavendish tried forcing his way past. as a rider you have to protect your space. We see it in motorcycle racing all the time. Plus Cavendish is known for his crappy sprint finishes. He's a hack.

TurboBlew likes this.
  16. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

So throw a red card and have the keeper come drag the flop up by the waistband. :D

17. G 97

G 97 Garth

:stupid: Stupid ruling. What do they expect when they make the last 3k so narrow in the first place. Cavendish clearly was forcing the issue. What a bunch of crap. :Puke:

18. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

You don't punish riders for racing incidents. This was a racing incident, and if you take the time to watch it, you will see that. The call to ban him was over the top.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I wasn't responding about the incident, I was responding to your brutality comment which mentioned nothing about rider error and it being a racing incident. Your comment was all about how the officials are soft and brutality is acceptable.

20. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

You are soooo defensive. It was not a remark about you and what you do. Bicycle racing, especially crits and bunch sprints, is brutal. A certain amount of contact is expected. These guys head butt each other because they cant take their hands off the bars, and that had been acceptable in the past. This was a mere brush. Punishment did not fit the crime.

speedluvn likes this.