1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Top 25 Punk Rockers

Discussion in 'General' started by Razr, Aug 19, 2020.

1. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

2. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Quite a few on that list have ZERO business being classed as punk. HR I’ve been around.........But nothing more than passing mini conversations in large groups.Not impressed as many a fanboy would be. Looking at you joec :crackup: Jerry O is cool as shit and when they came back around in late ‘95, we made it our mission to go to as many shows as possible up and down the east coast. Got to the point we were always hanging out before or after the shows back stage after everybody else was gone. Hell, I was tailgating with them at their homecoming show they had at some amusement park up in jersey circa summer ‘96. Chud got me so damn hammered I only made it halfway through their set, and got dragged out to the car:crackup:

Razr likes this.
  3. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

Gwen Stefani FTW

4. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

WHERE IS RICHARD HELL?

5. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

no one from the MC5, Todd Rungen, David Johansen, Arturo Vega

joec likes this.
  6. britx303

NO F*CKING WAY!!!!:crackup:

cha0s#242, t500racer and motoboy like this.
  7. joec

joec brace yourself

Fuck Rollins that guy can ead. And no I don't care if he wrecked black fag or not. He brought into the scene the douche bags that never liked punk)hardcore. Those lax playing cargo pants Bros.

Souxie with Budgie. Omg The first year of Lollapalooza in Reston at Fairfax park.. See was wearing shorts and tank top it was so hot out. The damned too many times even have tour shirts from the mid late 8os still. Saw dk at the wyst music hall. (For you original DC scenesters) with government issue! J Robbins had his recording studio a few doors down from me at my last shop. Really good dude and serious about his work. Alec Mackay is bike guy and I used to see him around at random Moto events locally.

Saw Blondie in the 80s and my ex did makeup for a photo shoot Debbie was doing but that was 25 freaking years ago.

I know London May.. Grew up with his sister and she married my best friend from HS Chris, who I got into racing He's an ahrma guy. London played drums for samhain and is now the drummer for ministry. Local Baltimore guy.

HR lived in my old shop space after I moved out.. Used to see him around town all of the time but I'm pretty sure he's back up in phili now. He's in rough shape. Used to cross paths with him and his gf random places like at grocery store. Kinda funny. I think he worked at the organic health food store around the corner from me.. Used to see him standing out in front all of the time. Saw him this past fall do a show here.

Kinda surprised no dead boys or television in there. Since it seems fairly cbgbs based. Never saw the plasmatics but definitely remember when she died.

Green day is bro punk. Face to face, bouncing souls, pennywise Meh. Good music but not my scene.

backbone and britx303 like this.
  8. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Is Avril Lavigne on the list? She’s so punk!

9. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

White ska, punk...it's all ear oatmeal.
    :Poke:

10. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

tl1098, RightSideUp and CRA_Fizzer like this.
  11. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Pretty homogeneous lists...looks like it was compiled by a 13 year old doing a school paper. In no particular order, where is:

D. Boon
    Mike Watt
    John Doe
    Exene Cervenka
    Keith Morris
    Mike Muir
    Darby Crash
    Etc.....

backbone, RRP and joec like this.
  12. joec

joec brace yourself

And HR is a definite weirdo.

henry_carlson and britx303 like this.
  13. joec

joec brace yourself

That's a pretty good list. I was onto some firehose not long ago.

14. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Yea I know....

15. joec

joec brace yourself

David Johansen is on the list.

16. britx303

HA! Samhain has been my go to music in the gym the last 2 weeks.

17. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Hate to say it, but it's pretty basic people in the punk scene. Which makes me question the original list. I mean Lou Reed??!! Give me a break. But what the hell, it started a conversation and has me breaking out some of the old tunes too.

backbone likes this.
  18. britx303

Come on now......Madness has some good shit and puts on a helluva show.:beer:

motoboy and rd400racer like this.
  19. joec

joec brace yourself

Have you seen the movie roadside prophets with John doe and Adam Horowitz? (Kathleen Hannah connection there). It's from the early 90s maybe. Moto movie. Not too bad.

20. joec

joec brace yourself

Never saw them but that would be super fun.