1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tom Espo!!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by B.Curvin, Oct 17, 2006.

1. B.Curvin

B.Curvin Well-Known Member

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

That would be correct!

Congrats to Tom on his championships. He rode well and rode a smart race in HWT Superbike.

I had an absolute blast battling with him in that race and wish we could have taken it all the way to the line. It's not so bad losing to a nice guy.

Way to go Tom!

3. Motorin Mark

Motorin Mark Well-Known Member

Great job Tom! For those that dont know, Tom was riding the STT race Aprilia RSV that Bo Morgan crashed and never fixed last year (thanks Bo). He bought it from us cheep back in June and fixed it all up and has now put it into victory more than once including two national championships. Again, way to go Tom.

4. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Very professional way of slamming someone (way to go Motorin Mark).

5. tomespo214

tomespo214 Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. The bike was working very well this past weekend. Going 3 wide into 10a and being on the inside of Jerry and Kenny was an exciting moment that I won't forget.

6. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Tom really dropped his times ... not only as compared to RA in July, but even from Wednesday's practice. Good job dude!

7. Venom51

I think he was sand baggin Rick......

8. YamahaRick

Well, at least he knows how to stay on the track, unlike, um, YOU. :)

9. Venom51

Ouch....I'll be over here in my corner now.

10. tomespo214

tomespo214 Well-Known Member

Which corner? 5? somewhere near the gravel? j/k

I wasn't sand baggin man. :) That was the fastest I've ever gone there. But rest assured, if you would have put down a 34, I'd have been right there with you. We could have shaved off a lot of time in 1, 5, 7, and 12.

Last race of the year with $2500 on the line, I wasn't going to loose.

11. YamahaRick

LOL! :)

12. Venom51

LOL! :) Umm....my skirt was blew up over my face shield and blocked my vision.....

$2500 from Aprilia. That would provide some good motivation..

Last edited: Oct 18, 2006
  13. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Just stumbled onto this thread. Did it happen some other way? I had heard the same thing (and I'm in Michigan).

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Umm, Eddie - why does it matter to you and why did you bring it back up?

15. skeesm

skeesm Well-Known Member

A belated congratulations Tom I have been remiss in my manners.

Now Mongo, since you are determined to keep me a novice for...well, forever, would you please move him and the others out of the novice ranks so that I can and sandba - um I mean earn a title next year?

16. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

My dad and I were talking yesterday about SVs. I was then looking up some SV information earlier today, and a picture from the 03 GNF reminded me of Bo (he was quick and was on my tail in just about every race down there; plus we got a chance to talk during the awards banquet). I did a quick search on here to see what he's been up to, as I haven't heard his name in awhile. This thread popped up and I remembered hearing about him on an Aprilia in 04.

Maybe I missed something. He seemed like a real nice guy.

17. B.Curvin

B.Curvin Well-Known Member

Sup Skees. :D

I haven't received an expert letter, but if I don't, I'll ask to be one.

BUT, I will at most be doing just one weekend next year. This stuff takes a

lot of time away from work, and it's expensive. Need a pit hand?

I hope to do some spectating and will be glad to help out in anyones pit.

:up: I'm not too shabby with a wrench.

18. skeesm

skeesm Well-Known Member

Hey Brent, nice to hear from you. Bless you my son, you haven't received "The Letter" yet either??? Here I was thinking that the die was cast, The Letter had gone out to all the superior beings amongst us and I was doomed to yet another year of riding in the rubber smoke clouds of the truely worthy. You see, I was down Elko way...why it was just Christmas Day - talking to a much more illustrious and accomplished rider than my humble self. That rider (to remain nameless) assured me that in fact "The Letter" had already gone out to everyone who was going to be anyone (a.k.a. an expert) next year. At that point, knowing that I had not received "The Letter" , I lost hope and resigned my loser-self to another revenue-less year of racing, chasing after you and the other more worthy and yes, dare I admit, faster guys. Now to heap insult upon injury, you further break my spirit this eve by telling me that you're pulling out of racing next year and not giving me yet one final delusionary seasonal chance to chase after you in the vain hopes that I might actually catch you once or twice. I am a broken yet...thankful man. :D You are always welcome to share my paddock with me. Oh yeah as a teaser, I am often known to have fairly ample suply of good beer and even better cigars.