1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Today's my last day at this job...

Discussion in 'General' started by sharkattack, Nov 1, 2019.

1. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

Today is my last day at my current employer. I start my new gig on Monday. Ever since I delivered my resignation, my stress level is gone down immensely! And today, my stress level is nearly non-existent! I have a couple meetings and then I'll be outta here by 1:30PM. I hope to get a quick ride in once I get home!

Just had to share the good news!!

SpeedyE, K51000, evakat and 25 others like this.
  2. Phl218

Phl218 .

hang in there :D

congrats on the new gig!

3. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

4. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

It's not nearly as pleasurable when you don't have anything else lined up...

5. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Can get pretty damn close considering the situation though. My last job was so stressful that I actually only felt relieved the day I got fired. And I wasn’t trying to get fired. But it just felt like a bunch of weight off my shoulders once it happened. I wasn’t even mad. Knew I had enough in savings to stay afloat til I found something else.

BigBird and ducnut like this.
  6. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

It's liberating to leave a job you hate.

TLR67, SpeedyE, beac83 and 7 others like this.
  7. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Pulled up to the stoplight where I’d normally turn right to go to work, turned left, made another left, and went back home. Felt good.

SpeedyE, speedluvn, R Acree and 5 others like this.
  8. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

I've been semi-retired from my own business since February. I do an hour here and there. Basically hangout with the dog and drink beers all day. Best of luck with your new job.

SpeedyE, j cal, G2G and 5 others like this.
  9. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Yep! I just hit 1 year and 2 weeks at my new job and felt so good walking out of the place I worked for 20 years. That last job had me damn near reviewing the “opt-out” clause of my life insurance. My new boss called with perfect timing asking if I would leave the old place, to which of course I couldn’t leave fast enough.

SpeedyE and BigBird like this.
  10. biggenyz426

biggenyz426 too big to fail

Me Too! Today is my last day here. Everyone scrambling around finishing month-end stuff and I'm just chilling out, riding the clock. Man it feels good knowing I won't have to answer for the numbers from this past month or ever again.

11. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Congrats man. I remember the day I left my last job fondly. Hated that gig. I felt like the Genie from Aladdin when he finally gets set free.

sharkattack and BigBird like this.
  12. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Drop trou on your way out, do it up right.

SpeedyE and sharkattack like this.
  13. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

This is called: A6E4229E-7400-4DCA-A19B-5D7DBCC273A7.jpeg

SpeedyE, K51000, evakat and 2 others like this.
  14. sharkattack

I helped a coworker get caught up to speed on a project she’s going to inherit on Monday, but other than that I chilled all day. Well, until 1:00 when I left, haha!

SpeedyE and BigBird like this.
  15. Jaketheone46

Jaketheone46 Well-Known Member

That always feels good to decide your just going to take the day off. I have absolutely no problem doing so at my current job.

BigBird, ducnut and sharkattack like this.
  16. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Awesome.

sharkattack likes this.
  17. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

A couple months later, one of the others did the same thing. He said he felt like weight had left his shoulders, when he turned left.

Turning the opposite direction and seeing that building in the rearview was so liberating. Reminds me of “Office Space”.

My ex-GF is going through the same thing at work. She’s making regular chiropractic visits, trying to deal with all the tension in her back and shoulders. She’s trying to make it until spring, because her employer will have her next year’s health insurance paid up and contribution deposited, around that time. Haha. They’ll surely appreciate that exit strategy.

BigBird likes this.
  18. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I'm jealous. I'll be like you guys in about 8-10 years once my son graduates high school...then it's open season on retirement.

L8RSK8R likes this.
  19. sharkattack

Started the new gig on Monday. All’s going well; still in new employee orientation.

I used to work at this site from 99-04. A lot has changed since then. The new firm has invested $50M into the site.

20. BigBird

BigBird blah

NY dollars or Montana Dollars?