1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TiRx tire changer

Discussion in 'General' started by yokohama1, Aug 16, 2018.

1. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Tire Lube is Empty....:crackup:

Phl218 likes this.
  2. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

I'll bring bleach...

3. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

He would prefer you bring more lube.

4. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

You don't roll over them you place a small jack near the bead and jack up some weight to break it.
    Please realize I'm a frigging cave man who has changed mega-multitudes of bike tires with irons.

YRMV. :D

yokohama1 likes this.
  5. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

We would actually drive the truck/car up on the bike tire, stop, and turn the steering wheel back and forth to break the bead.

This usually happened at Deals Gap, at night, drunk, in the field....but it did work.

TLR67 likes this.
  6. backho

backho Well-Known Member

I like that there is no clamping on the rim. Has anyone here actually used one? I’m sure the balancing feature is pretty much useless as compared to other methods. I agree that a tire iron should be included.

7. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

I have one and use it occasionally. Overall it’s okay but has limitations. Race tire beads are a pain in the ass, but I could change rain tires with this all day long. The arbor is a too large for my Ducati Monster front wheel and was too small for a Hawk GT single sided swingarm rear wheel.

And the balancing feature relies on the wheel bearing and probably gets you within the nearest ounce of weight, but not nearest 1/4 oz. No way near as accurate as my static balance stand on knife edge rollers.

If I had room for a proper tire changer, I would get one, but I don’t and this does fold up out of the way so it’s okay.

8. CBRGriff

CBRGriff Well-Known Member

So this is from the dead, but what pneumatic tire changer do you guys recommend? Where to buy one? I have space for one and can see myself making this leap.

9. kman0066

kman0066 Well-Known Member

I use this one: https://www.phoenixautoequipment.com/collections/tire-changer/products/tire-changer-pwc-2710

It's been great. I've changed many trailer tires, RV tires, truck tires, ATV tires, car tires, and motorcycle tires. I think I've well made my money back from being able to do all the various tire changes for free. Local places charge ~$50/wheel. Bought a used wheel balancer off craigslist to match.

That said, if you're doing just motorcycle tires, you can get away with a smaller/cheaper machine.

10. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I got a NoMar and it is ridiculously easier to use than my old harbor freight changer.

11. CBRGriff

That seems pretty reasonable to me. Honestly it wouldn't take long to make the money back with what they charge to mount tires these days.

12. tjnyzf

tjnyzf Well-Known Member

I have a Harbor freight that I upgraded with spools from No-Mar.
    It works but can be a pain in the ass sometimes, so a couple years ago I just recruited my local shop owner to ride on my endurance team and now I get tires changed for free:D

13. gapman789

Get with TLR67....I don't know if the connection is still there, but he was able to help others with this tire changer....http://tuxedoautoequip.com/product-category/wheelserve/tchangers

https://automotiveequipmentspeciali...xNBaf5jn02auum01MQu8miln0CacLtpRoCpqAQAvD_BwE

I bought it 4-5 yrs ago and was less than $1100 shipped via SAIA trucking from TX to Cincinnati. I picked it up at the SAIA location near me. I know times have definitely changed and it costs considerably more now.

Many of these machines are very similar if not the same, except for the color and the name badging, and are made in China. The Tuxedo model however is made in Germany. That alone is an advantage IMO. I did need to get a 'EURO' style fitting/adapter for my air hose that goes into the machine....Got it at Parker fittings.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2022
    650 RACER and CBRGriff like this.
  14. CBRGriff

That looks pretty dang nice. Have you done any car/truck tires? It looks like the only difference is the clamps on the table.

15. rogers1323

rogers1323 Well-Known Member

Yes. I have personally used mine to change up to a 275/70/R18 from a F250. Changed a couple 18" from a small SUV too. Handles it with ease. Just don't break the TPMS...

CBRGriff likes this.
  16. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Yep, drop center is the key.

17. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

yokohama1 likes this.
  18. gapman789

Ive only changed motorcycle and trailer tires. I dont seem to need vehicle tires but every 5 yrs or so, so i just go to a tire shop. …and trying to static balance a full size auto/truck/rv tire seems to be a challenge.

19. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

The ones from Tuxedo are good. I've had them. I'm thinking about getting another for a backup.

20. gapman789

Oh shit…..ya’ll can take that endorsement to the bank!