1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tire Warmers - will 120/190 work for 110/140?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by breakneckPace, Oct 19, 2016.

1. breakneckPace

breakneckPace Well-Known Member

so I've decided to drop down to the smaller CC's for racing next season and I'm wondering if the set of tire warmers I've got for my R6 work for my r3? If I'm not mistaken, the wheel diameter is the same, it's just the width of the tire that changes. so i would imagine it might do an ok job of heating up the tire, but what are the thoughts of the beebs? will the warmers be too loose to properly heat the tires? or will it be just fine? Thanks

2. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

We used chicken hawk 120/190 warmers on a ninja 250 for 2 seasons without issue. YRMV

3. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

i made the same switch. My rear was overlapping way too much. I used my woodcraft front on the rear tire, and bought a second front warmer

4. sowega

sowega #710

I use the same warmers on my 120/150 Ninja 250 & my 120/180 Panigale.

5. breakneckPace

breakneckPace Well-Known Member

awesome! thanks for the replies. I'll give mine a go at the next track day and hope it works. The point of switching to a smaller bike was to save money, and new tire warmers would just be one more expense to worry about. haha

6. drewnabobber

drewnabobber Well-Known Member

I used my big warmers on an R3 with a 125GP tire (125 rear I think) and ended up overheating the warmers (chickenhawk) and getting some melty melt on the velcro. 140 is a bit bigger, just try to get the warmer spread out as much as possible and keep an eye on it.