1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tire Meaning?

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by gixxerjoe, Mar 5, 2018.

1. gixxerjoe

gixxerjoe Well-Known Member

Anyone know what REINF means?
    I need a front tire for my grom and I’m not sure if i want to go 110 vs 120 maybe the Reinf can be the deciding factor.

[​IMG]

2. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Reinforced? Stiffer sidewall? Who is tha manufacture?

3. gixxerjoe

These are Pirelli’ diablo rosso scooter tires, newish from 2017, they have the charictoristics of the rosso III motorcycle tires.

What to you think? Stiffer sidewall better? I wonder why the rest of the line up do not have this feature?

4. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

quick google shows it a pirelli thing! Maybe a bias ply tire with the same (stiffer) construction in the sidewall??

5. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Different load indexes and speed ratings.

6. gixxerjoe

Now that i know what it means. Do I stick with the stock size 120 with REINF or go with the 110, which should be lighter cause smaller and non REINF....Hmmm

The width of the front is a 2.75 if that helps. I’m leaning torwards the 110. I just hope I dont have less contact patch on lean?

7. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

The difference between a standard tire and a reinforced (REINF) tire of the same size is the internal construction i.e. more tread or carcass belts. Remember the reinforced tire is designed to carry more weight so it needs extra belting. This is not a Pirelli thing it is an tire industry thing, and it applies to car/truck/scooter/motorcycle tires. So yes other tire companies may offer the same tire designed to meet the same needs of the intended fitment.

And yes these tires mentioned above are bias ply tires and they are marked so. A radial tire will be marked like this 120/70R12 or 160/60R14 or 120/70ZR17, or 180/55ZR17 or 200/50R18, etc.

8. gixxerjoe

Cool thx... im gonna go 120