1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Time for a career change

Discussion in 'General' started by Jugglenutz, Mar 3, 2005.

1. Jugglenutz

Jugglenutz Well-Known Member

Most of you know i'm not really all that happy working for the answering service here..i don't enjoy the customer service industry i spose and i think different opinions on how the place should be run have affected my relationship with my dad a little bit...

So...i've made an important life changing decision that some of you have probably made in your lives...i'm going to switch careers...i've never really enjoyed sales...so i'm probably going to go back to skool on my own dollar...

Best case scenario...well...here's what i want to do...head back to medical school at 1) Duke or 2) George Washington or 3) Virginia...i'd like to specialize in pediatrics or oncology...and by the time i am 30 begin my residency...

The best part about all this is...my dad is happy for me...not bitter or disappointed that i've chosen a different path...I'd love to be the clown doctor the kids love to come see :D...

It will be an insane amount of work, but I feel i'm up to it...and think i can get it done...I am also looking forward to heading back to school! IMO every youngster should spend a year or two in the work force to help them determine which field they want to go into and get a dose of the real world..

I'd also love to be at the track in case of an ER with a rider...i think being there and being able to help a downed rider would be as fulfilling as actually racing i think:)

This is a huge decision I am making...but i think in the end, it is what would make me much happier. How many of you guys have ever done a major career change?

I haven't made the decision finalized yet, but i think it is the right choice. I'm going to volunteer at the local hospital here for a while to make sure it will be something i am going to enjoy...

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Doctor Lever? Oh shit!

Seriously, if you can get into medical school go for it.

3. Jugglenutz

I only need 4 classes so i could knock that out over the next year:cool:

:D When i think about becoming a doctor its like the feeling most get before a race....a mix of nervousness and excitement

I think i would really enjoy it :)

I'm stopping in to the gesundheit institoot on the way up to Summit to visit Patch Adams and hopefully talk to him about all of this stuff i want to do :D

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

You attended medical school!?!?

YOU????? Jiggy McStupidhead!?!?

Wow!

5. Jugglenutz

I've got "book smarts":Poke: :D

6. Brian129

Brian129 Too many projects

yeah no shit, can i ask that i never get him as my doctor!;) :D

hey jeff go for it man, no way in hell i would make it through medical school, id go nuts! but if you are up for it, then go!

7. Jugglenutz

My advice to you is actually take a year off from school or a semester and work two jobs...it would cure your money situation and give you a taste of what working 70 hours a week will do to you...the hindsight is invaluable...

8. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

what happened to the real estate bizznuss?

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Sh@t yeah, if you can get into a top medical school then you're an idtio for hanging out, wasting your time here.

10. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

Here you go Mr. Smith we'll just install this power commander on your artificial heart.

Doctor, artificial hearts don't use a power commander.

Well shit, I've already stripped out 3 of the bolts on the heart anyway. Lemme go post on WERA and see if anyone knows anything about fixing artificial hearts and can talk me through it on the phone.

:p ;) :D

11. Jugglenutz

That's one of the reasons duke is still my top choice because it's in NC and i can continue working in real estate to help pay for skool...

I haven't been able to dedicate a ton of time to it now because i am working 50 hours a week at the answering service

12. Jugglenutz

Note to Self: Overtighten Huey's Neck Bolts

:D :beer: :D

13. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Sounds pretty good, deffo need to see the real world before trying to decide what to do. If you don't like the work you do then it's time to change.

David

14. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

He's not really Jiggy McStupidhead, he just plays him on the internet...

15. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Jeff,

Jeff,

Jeff.

When will you ever learn.

You just need to tighten his nuts...

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Could be.

17. Jugglenutz

I play dumb cause its entertaining to you clowns - in many cases the class clown is one of the smartest people in the class:D

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

So, you're Ein-friggin-stein? :D

Damn, already used that name once for someone else. :D

19. Jugglenutz

LOL...IMO that's still a top ten name :D

20. LMcCurdy

LMcCurdy Antique

Go for it Jeff and good luck.

And, pediatrics sounds good. I don't think being general practitioner would work for you, especially if you keep racing. I mean, I wouldn't want to run into a guy at the track who's told me to turn my head and cough. And there's that prostate thing, creepy.

:D