1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Those peaceful, fun loving Snackbars.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by crashman, Feb 22, 2015.

1. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

Dude, you live 2 hours from Gettysburg. I have a friend I used to fly with that is a huge military historian. He goes there quite a bit. You should meet us there. I cannot guarantee that you would be the same afterwards though. ;)

As per the no comment on Iraq, :crackup:. Yeah, not much you could say to counter that fuck up by Obama.

2. I wouldn't mind checking Gettysburg out this summer.

As far as Iraq is concerned, we've debated it in several threads now. Not much more to say overall, regardless of our opinions of Obama.

3. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Principal Component Analysis, a multivariate statistical technique used in a variety of disciplines, including climate science.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's essentially what I'm saying - I just include the brainwashed cult members into the fucked in the head category.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

WTF are you trying to say? Seriously, your post makes no sense. ISIS isn't recruiting Christians so yeah, all 200k are Muslim, what does that have to do with you assuming the other 1.8 BILLION of them are violent fanatics?

You're absolutely correct, the information is absolutely out there. The problem is you're further out and can't see reality...

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Iraq is better off without Saddam, that isn't even close to being debatable. It would be even better now if Obama hadn't yanked out the troops who were helping make it that way. Post war occupation is never successful if you abandon thing quickly. It takes time to get a new viable power structure in place, especially in a dictatorship as messed up as Iraq was.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That depends on what metrics you choose to use. A lot of people used to go with the number of people that Saddam killed to justify removing him. If you go with that, for instance, it's not only debatable but it might make that bastard looks pretty damn good.

weber#465 likes this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm looking overall - I also place freedom pretty high as an important thing so even violent democracy is better than a peaceful dictatorship. Still not debatable for me ;)

(yes, I knew when I typed it out the first time that especially here every possible thing there is including water being wet is debatable)

9. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

I disagree. It's not as wet as water with water wetter.

10. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I am convinced that cold water is wetter than warm water. Anyone who has raced at Talladega in February and then again in August will have to agree with me.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator