1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Those peaceful, fun loving Snackbars.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by crashman, Feb 22, 2015.

1. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

Don't you have a calculator?

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Um, yeah, in that case you don't see a win for WWII or any other war. Especially the Civil War. Pure loss for half the country.

Wars almost never have any outcome that is good for anyone involved in fighting them. People get killed, resources get wasted, land is destroyed. War sucks.

Unless of course you're all of Europe that is no longer under the control of the Nazis. Kind of like Iraq not being under the control of Saddam. I'd say it was a benefit to those he would have killed had he not been taken out.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Meh, rhetorical since the answer is "a tiny bit" :D

4. Slider82

You're using the wrong formula if you want the answer. You need to divide the number of gang members in DC by 200k, or vice versa, for your answer.

5. Slider82

Actually, what they believe is the point if it's the reason they murder, that doesn't mean all Muslims are murderers.

If a person yells Allahu Ackbar, or Praise Jesus, or Yeehaw Budda, while they murder people and then say they murdered in the name of their religion, that's the reason they did it.

It doesn't necessarily mean they are right about their religion commanding it, but their beliefs are still the reason.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's not what I'm reading here or seeing on the news or hearing in bars and so on. Lots of dumb people believing the average Muslim is a radical ready to murder. People on here have said their faith dictates they murder infidels, which is just not true.

You are confusing their reason with their excuse. I contend that the vast majority of those killing in the name of any religion or for that matter any cause are merely using that religion or cause as an excuse to do what they want to do anyway - kill other humans. The real reasons are they're fucked in the head.

7. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

So you think ISIS has just assembled 200,000 psycho killers who just happen to be Muslim also?
    Wow. You really need to read up on Islam. The information is out there.

8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

"Vast majority" is where you're wrong. You've got a small minority in power who want to kill and use the religion to control their followers. The leaders are fucked in the head. The followers are brainwashed to think they're doing god's work when in reality they're just doing the bidding of whatever asshole is in charge.

9. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I was simply adding a little historical perspective on the evolution of Christianity. Jesus was always regarded as a holy figure by the church. It was not until the council of Nicaea that he was officially codified as eternal and co-existent with God the senior. The matter was cause for some dissension in the early church. Emperor Constantine forced the hand of the church in making a determination. His motives may have been self serving.

10. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

One one thousandths of one percent. (0.0001)

Did I put enough zeros in that?:)

11. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

12. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Nope. What you have there is one one-hundreth of one percent. Which is just another reason to question whether you would understand a PCA if it hit you in the head. :D

Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  13. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

That is one ten-thousandth. Leave out the reference to one percent.

14. I'm with you on all of this.

15. Wrong. I see tremendous benefits from our participation in WWI, WWI, and the Revolutionary War. The Civil War I'm not sure about benefit, so to speak, but maybe that war was unavoidable.

Are you serious here?:confused: That "kind of" is a huge stretch. Iraq is worse off now, and more of a danger to us now too. Europe was much better off without the Nazi's, and much less of a danger to us without them, as well.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2015
  16. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Damn! I did write it down wrong didn't I.

Tenths, hundreds, thousands, ten thousands, etc.. Four decimal places is correct.
    I wrote it down wrong in English but stated it correctly in figures.

17. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

What the frig is a PCA? (Perfectly circular asshole?) :)

18. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

Wait a minute. Did you just say that you are not sure of the US benefited from the Civil War?? So, are you suggesting the federal government (North) should not have gone to war with the South because there was no benefit to keeping the union together?? Did I read that correctly? I know I've been preoccupied the past few days, so I just want to check.

Also, Iraq was not worse off in 2009. It was much better. The return of Al Qaeda (ISIS) didn't happen until President Floppy Ears pulled every troop out of Iraq and basically cut-off all ties to the Iraqi government. Something Bush warned against in 2007. Here is a quick refresher;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZkExYK_YWk

19. Slider82

Yep

20. I just don't know as much about the history of the civil war compared to the others. That's why I said I wasn't sure.

No comment on the Iraq BS.