1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This says it all about the repubs.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Tunersricebowl, Mar 19, 2004.

1. THE D.O.C.

THE D.O.C. Guest

Wow, Bush ruined the economy. So much for all those checks and balances in place. :rolleyes:

Just how is the economy affected you guys again?

Next, you'll say the unemployment rate is high. Picked up a metro newspaper lately? Thousands of jobs right there. Oh, i get it. You are about to say that because there aren't enough QUALIFIED people to fill those jobs, that Bush is responsible for that too.

Never stops.

2. wera176

wera176 Well-Known Member

Once again, the reading comprehesion 'round here is about as good as my spelling... ;)

Show me where I stated Bush ruined the economy? Ape said EVERYTHING is better and I pointed out simply that EVERYTHING is not, "REGARDLESS OF BLAME OR CREDIT." I guess that is the same as blaming him, eh?

Also, I never stated the economy is "bad" rather that it isn't necessarily better than it was when Bush took office. See above quote "REGARDLESS OF BLAME OR CREDIT." Consumer confidence sure isn't. The industry I work for supplies equipment directly to retailers (Meijer, Walmart, Kohl's, Sears, Dollar Tree, Michaels, etc) and thus our orders are directly related to how much people are buying at the stores, i.e. consumer confidence. Now of the list I have there, which had good Christmas sales and why? I'm no economy major, but I know why...

Typical conservative banter: Everything thing that can be spun as good is to their credit, everything that is bad either isn't their fault or is the fault of the immoraleverybodyelse. Rush is alive and well... The amusing thing is that I learn to the conservative side, but I get weary of the self-rightous act...

3. THE D.O.C.

THE D.O.C. Guest

Here you come to say that BOTH BUSH, and 911 have to do with the current situation.

Looks like you need speaking comprehension classes.

4. wera176

wera176 Well-Known Member

Wow, you got me. :rolleyes: I guess saying something has problems is saying it's ruined...

But no one has answered the orginial question, instead we get to play word games...

And yes, Bush, as the President, has something to do with the current situation, if he is at fault or not, but ruined was your term and spin, not mine. I simply asked if Ape really thought it was better...

This thread is really something: someone states a general and basically inacturate statement that EVERYTHING is better, I point out that the economy really isn't, and the only point folks want to discuss is how I blamed Bush for the "ruin"of the economy? Jeez.... Not better == bad or ruined? Not exactly what I said... I guess I must have hit a nerve with the Young Republican's Club... :beer:

Last edited: Mar 29, 2004