1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

thinking about a 600

Discussion in 'General' started by hoyle, Jul 9, 2002.

1. hoyle

hoyle Well-Known Member

I am new to the forum, so first off, a big hello to everyone!

Here's the deal, I am thinking about getting a 600 but the only one now that has a good financing deal on it is the F4i. I was wondering if you guys could help me out with some info about it? I see more guys on gixxer 600's and R6's so I am just a little hesitant to pull the trigger on the F4i.

What do you guys think?:confused:

2. Rusnak_322

Rusnak_322 FOX Mullet

Financing a racebike is the stupidest thing that you can do.
    I couldn’t imagine wading the thing up and then making payments on a pile of scrap for the next four years.

Buy a used racebike – on top of the $8k that you will pay for a new 600 you will have to dump $2-4K more just to get it race ready. But you can buy a nice set up R6 for $5000.

3. huffdaddy

huffdaddy Well-Known Member

For sure do not race it if you are making payments! You should be able to crash it and not care to much. Get a old 400 they are cheap and easy to get parts for. or look for a f3 if you realy what a 600 they were real popular many championships were won on them too. get one that has been raced and has the shock and fork work done. save your money for track days and tires it will help you much more than a shinny race bike and payments. welcome to the home of the many opinions:)wera bbs

4. SClark

SClark Righteous Indignator!

Go get a '99 or '00 Suz SV that is race ready. It will cost much less, and the smiles per mile will be much more.

Steve Clark
    '01 Suz SV650
    TightSqueezeRacing.org

5. mad brad

mad brad Guest

i got an Rr for ya. fresh fast motor. gearing, spare bodywork. $5500.00 come on down big boy!!!