1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

There's an assault rifle in the wall!!

Discussion in 'General' started by Vstate60, Oct 13, 2015.

1. B. Myers

B. Myers Well-Known Member

think this is the way all firearms will be one day.... (or is that treading water in the Dungeon end of the pool?)

2. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

That's a shame. I kind of figured that.

We have a small local shop that consigns some very rare and collectible firearms. I've seen the original non-auto Colt 15's go for stupid big money. They even had an original WWII full auto with stamp Grease Gun for sale a few years ago that they were asking $15K for. As cool as it looked, you could tell that it was made out of cheap stamped metal. But I'm sure there aren't many of those left now.

Here's an AR they have for sale right now https://www.flickr.com/photos/menscollectibles/sets/72157629439444252/

How about an SW 76?
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/menscollectibles/sets/72157622574671945/

3. luke738

luke738 Well-Known Member

I had a friend of a friend buy a house in a bad part of town a couple years ago, a fixer upper if you will. Some workers were in the attic and brought down a large box… What was inside? A pristine STG-44 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/StG_44 It had swastikas and german markings all over it. Absolute beauty. Turns out some gang members used to own the house, no telling where in the world they were even able to procure such a fine machine from history. The STG-44 is extremely rare, and wasn't even introduced until near the war's end. He is still trying to figure out how to sell the thing legally.

I would suggest your friend just hide the thing, don't tell anyone he has it, and do not fire it. If the apocolypse ever comes, his kids/grandkids families will have some awesome firepower!

4. Quick10

Quick10 Habitual Offender

Why not just buy an 80% lower, finish milling it and then transfer the parts over.

5. Rhino48

Rhino48 Well-Known Member

Possession of the Hammer, Sear and/or Disconnector will get you the same free rent at the DOJ B&B as the full gun or the lower. Constructive Intent is the term.

Now, if the hypothetical rifle found did not have the lower receiver, hammer, sear and/or disconnector, then the remaining parts, while arguably stolen government property, could be assembled on any lower you own. As the rest of the parts aren't serialized, they would be impossible to prove they were government property without evidence like internet posts or pictures regarding finding a....... I mean, what?

6. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Very similar to this story...http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlin...e-wwii-gun-at-police-station-weapon-buy-back/

7. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

To everyone wondering why its so hard to make this gun own-able, this should give perspective: You can go to jail for having a piece of string with a loop on the end in the same room as a rifle. Not joking. They don't take this stuff anything even close to lightly. As Rhino pointed out some parts are usable but the main reason people would want this gun is the full auto and that is not.

Attached Files:

8. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I think this right here might be the best solution of all. Contact some museums that fit the bill, tell them the (hypothetical) story. Ask if they have a way to non-destructively locate such an item inside a wall, and would be willing to fund a restoration of any home damage done retrieving it.

With any luck, you might get to write off a chunk on your taxes in lieu of a stretched rectum.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
  9. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Who's the beeb member on here with the class 3 dealer license again

10. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Scott Quick, has his FFL 07SOT

11. Rhino48

Rhino48 Well-Known Member

The hypothetical gun in this situation can never be owned by ANY person or organization intact. Unless the ATFE turns it over to another agencies museum after the investigation as to who stole it is completed (Like a Military Installation museum, FBI, DOD, Smithsonian, etc.) - but if this was a real story, and someone called the cops, no non-governmental agency will ever see that gun again, and anybody near it at the time the feds show up will be lucky to not have to go to court.

Unless Al Gore brought this thing home personally, and it's the one he pointed at himself in shame for participating in the social injustices of the Vietnam War, there's going to be no "public benefit" in giving even pieces of this thing to anyone but a DRMO scrap buyer.

Nope nope nope. This thing does not exist, and if it does, it soon won't one way or another.

12. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Leave it buried in the wall…..enjoy the great story.

13. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Sell it to a mexican drug cartel.

14. Jed

Jed mellifluous

I'm thinking hire Geraldo to do a special unveiling of the secret vault live on TV.

15. zippytech

zippytech Running On Pumpedupness!!

I think you guys are way over thinking this, even if the gun was real, it's not like it's the only automatic gun in the US. I am sure an automatic gun is being made every day somewhere in the us.

16. BigBird

BigBird blah

3D Printers FTW

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I ran around knocking holes in the walls at Home Depot with a sledge hammer looking for assault rifles. All I found was Jimmy Hoffa, amelia earhart, Blackbeard's treasure and about 15 Million right socks.

F@ckers made me buy the sledge hammer because "I scuffed it!" :mad:

18. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

19. Phl218

Phl218 .

^ that is cool.

no more molesting my guys in the toolshop for "government jobs" :D

20. slimjim00

slimjim00 Well-Known Member

That's pretty cool, are they actually out and being used or is it just in a funding stage?