1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Weather

Discussion in 'General' started by Banditracer, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

WTF is up with the weather, we've gone from 15 below to 50 in a week. :wow:
    Yesterday I was test riding snowmobiles, today I'm slogging around in the mud. :mad:

2. gpz11

gpz11 Well-Known Member

Hit mid 60's in Chicago yesterday and we're supposed to get 2" of snow today.

3. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

We're at 70f right now with 100% humidity and a 25mph wind. We've got some bad storms coming this way. Possibly tornados. DAMN!

4. zippytech

zippytech Running On Pumpedupness!!

65 and a typhoon today here along I70 east of Columbus,Ohio

5. Tunersricebowl

Tunersricebowl Fog, onward through.

82 yesterday, 42 this morning.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Welcome to winter.

I remember going to a show in Chicago 10-15 years ago, roll into town around this time of year and it's 50-55, next morning was 20 below :D I actually would up buying 150 pounds of rock salt while I was up there for weight in the van and so I'd have it when we got home.

7. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

It was 70-ish and cloudy here yesterday. Then last night, all hell broke loose. High winds, lots of rain. We had tornado warnings from about 3:00am or so on... I think a good part of the city was up last night with all the weather warnings and iPhone alerts going off.

8. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

52 degrees yesterday ... 8" of snow and -4 for the low tonight.

9. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I had the family up and in the basement at 4:30 this morning because the tornado sirens went off

Of course I was outside watching it.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup:

I hate it but love the tornado warnings at the track, no one really hiding, everyone out watching for it halfway excited :D

cav115 and dtalbott like this.
  11. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

As already mentioned, in Illinois we call it winter,

and spring, and summer, and fall.

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

70 yesterday, warm today but it feels like a hurricane is about to roll through any second. Cold as a witch's tit and possible snow on Friday.

13. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Monday it was 40 or so when I left my office and in the 20 min drive home it dropped to 25. Wind was howling and then the snow started falling. It was -4 when I woke up yesterday. Supposed to be back up to 40 or 50 tomorrow. Calgary has some of the craziest weather swings I have ever experienced. I have seen a 30 degree swing in the span of about 3 hours.

14. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

yep... there was an F2 confirmed out in Mt Juliet... some buildings damaged, and powerlines down, but no injuries that I am aware of...

I think South of us got it a little worse.

edit: supposed to be below freezing tonight

15. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Fun to get out a lawn chair and watch the canopy/kite show.:D

16. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Good day to start stuff though. Just started my TL, wife's Burgman, both atv's and got them up to temp. Riding mower didn't fire up, batt. tender on it now, I'll try it again later.

17. I'm north of Mt Juliet, on the lake. It was a wild night. We were in the basement for quite a while. The tornado passed close enough to us that the pressure changes were rattling the door to the room we were in, despite it being two rooms away from any outer doors or windows. At one point the pressure dropped so rapidly that we could feel air getting sucked out of the house.

So far the only damage I've found to my property is to a privacy screen that sits on the edge of our patio. Despite being nailed in place to solid posts, it was destroyed.

18. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

We should be hitting 60 this afternoon and then the rain, thunderstorms and high wind will hit us tonight thru tomorrow morning. After that, the temps will crash right back to where they should be this time of the year....20's & 30's.

Now all we need is some snow because winter SUCKS without it!:D

19. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

When will Weather Channel start naming thunder storms?

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Local news already has haven't they?