1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The VA

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by HPPT, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

:eek:

He was great in Back to School :D

2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Fucked how? Wait times? Schedules? Coverages?
    Are Vets not able to go outside the provided coverage(s)/networks?
    Not able to get Medicaid?

3. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

VA budget is $200 billion. I think that's more than any one service's budget. It's a bloated pig determined to wallow in its own shit.

4. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Know how I know you ate lead paint chips for breakfast? :Poke:

5. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

No I don't know how you know.

So you should probably say it...SAY IT!!!

:D

6. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Or, they could straighten their shit out and be the model for how all healthcare in the country should work instead of feeding the insurance/pharma/healthcare money pig.

7. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I never got him at all either.

8. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Instead, they remain the number one argument used against a single-payer system.

9. brex

brex Well-Known Member

The best thing the government could do regarding healthcare is to completely and fully get out of it. No mandates, no forced coverages, nothing. All between you and your doctor or insurance company.

10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I know, but it doesn’t have to be that way. They could have complete control over the entire process and really do some good, but they just fuck it up by being typical lazy government employees.

11. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

You're asking the impossible.

12. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Yes, it does have to be that way, it's a government bureaucracy.
    They don't exist to do things efficiently.

13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

There would need to be other significant changes to the way the system functions for that to work

14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I’m aware of the conundrum of being a government employee. Basically, if you do a good job, you’re essentially working yourself out of a job. So they’re incentivized to do a bad job.

15. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Accurized. :D

16. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Cuz every time you came over half of mine we're missing. :crackup:

17. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Don't forget the lawyers. Lotsa lawyers putting their mistress' bastards through college relying on that source of billable hours. :D

18. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

The only time I used the VA was for disability injuries sustained during service. Everything else I use private insurance through work. I don’t have the injuries some of these vets have, and I refuse to occupy a doctors time when it could be better served helping others.

It’s painful to go to a VA hospital. Not because of the staff, or the wait, or any administrative bullshit, but because of the “customers”. It’s a painful reminder of war, and the aftermath it leaves. It’s heartbreaking. The staff thanks us for our service, but I am thankful to them for taking care of our soldiers after the fact.

19. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

My brother and dad are the same. Quite a few folks Ive met over the years reflect similar views. If there is 1 thing the VA should be experts at is the physical injuries. The psychological trauma aspect they are clearly out of their depths.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They're not the only ones. Mental health is and probably always will be a lot more like voodoo than medicine.