1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Unrideables on amazon prime

Discussion in 'General' started by Buell1965, Dec 27, 2020.

1. Lawdog78

Lawdog78 Well-Known Member

Saw 1 on there. I think you're right... 2 just has the trailer videos

2. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

Watched parts 1 and 2 last night, really awesome stuff!

They need to do part 3....the Doohan years. Then maybe a part 4 with Criville, KRJR and Rossi. The last of the unrideables.

3. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Same here. Watched both free with prime.

4. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

What the hell?! I could only watch the second. URG!

5. svracer22

svracer22 Well-Known Member

This is what I want to see more than anything.

6. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

7. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Also watched both last night. Was drunk, thoroughly enjoyed.

8. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Oh yeah...what were they about ?? :beer:

9. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Yes...

10. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

So question...it's seems in this 80's/90's footage in many crashes the gas tank goes flying. Was this a safety feature of GP bikes back in the day, separating the fuel from the engine?

11. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

LMAO, there were no safety measures back in the day. The tanks needed to be removed in a few seconds for maintenance, so not much holding them onto the bike.

Sweatypants and stk0308 like this.
  12. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Well that was my other thought. It's almost comical how many times they go flying.

13. craig641

craig641 Well-Known Member

Another great racing movie available on Amazon prime that every one should check out is "1/10th of a second" . Staring that famous racer you all know and love, ...

Craig

14. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

"so hey guys... is this flaming canister of death that flies off and sprays you with highly combustible fuel while you're tumbling thru the grass with no armor inside your leather suit as your ankles and wrists shatter, for safety?"

haha :flag:

motion and stk0308 like this.
  15. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

I crashed at Mid-Ohio one year, and my tank came off. And I am glad it did, for a number of reasons. The corner worker was going all crazy, cause he saw gas. I just walked over to the tank, and unplugged the quick disconnect. No more fuel. It actually takes a lot to set fuel on fire. And my tank was basically undamaged, having separated from the sliding/tumbling bike after hitting the tire wall. And having separated from the bike, there was less chance that my bike was going to self immolate, as the source of fuel was now 30 feet away from the bike.

16. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

Just finished both, friggen awesome! Amazing how close to the edge they constantly were. It would be interesting if riders could switch generations to see how they would stack up.

17. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

The Unrideable shows are cool...
    Just watched a documentary on the beginning and early Yamaha factory race bikes and racers! Some really cool video and pics.

18. PPPope

PPPope Well-Known Member

I had no idea Mamola was such a wildcard. Because of his 4 bridesmaid finishes I WRONGLY likened him to the demeanor of Dani Pedrosa...seeing him piss towards the crowd and walk the catwalk in a thong proved me entirely wrong.

evakat likes this.
  19. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Momola is Royalty! Got to hang out with him in Valencia a few years ago.

6AFCC112-FCCF-4F1E-A0B3-3F69A84CB77D_1_105_c.jpg

casjoker and Triple X like this.
  20. PPPope

PPPope Well-Known Member

That’s awesome!