1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The sword cuts both ways

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by turtlecreek, Nov 6, 2015.

1. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member

uh his campaign has admitted that the story he told about getting a scholarship from West Point was not true. He lied about that which now calls into question everything else he's claimed regarding his youth. He is the same as Hillary in this regard...no integrity.

2. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member

I would disagree. If he would lie about something as simple as this what else has/will he lie about. This is a reflection upon his character and calls into question his integrity. And yes integrity and character matter to me as a voter (yes I know I'm SOL in today's day and age)

3. ped

ped Banned

oh come on he's a good guy and would make a great president. don't let the liberal media lie to you!

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I have three words for those of you so concerned about truthfulness and integrity.

Bill
    Hillary
    Barrack

Make it four...
    Hypocrite

5. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

You also said you would vote for Hillary if she gets the nod. I'm simply pointing out your never ending hypocrisy. Don't worry, I don't expect you to understand.

6. chas

chas Well-Known Member

From the story(s) that I came across it seems that it's uncertain what happened and if it could have or couldn't have happened. liberal media spun it their way, conservative media spun it their way. Campaign seems to be pushing back in published reports (from liberal media) of claiming it was a lie.

From reading the portions of Carson's book, he never said he applied. He said he meet with a general who told him he could get him an appointment and full scholarship. Carson didn't follow through on it.

pentagon says there is no record of an application. But that's probably because there is none, which Carson's book pretty much states there wasn't.

So sounds like a there is some disagreement on a lot of things here with the left really trying to make it more then it is, especially when their leading candidate has been lying her entire life and no one on the left seems to even care about and is more then willing to vote for her. Hypocrisy at it's best.

7. Making up fake accomplishments isn't necessarily a crime, but in the past, and recently, when other people's lies like that have been exposed, they have derailed careers.

8. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member

well I have never given them a free pass either. Oh and before anyone thinks that I'm a Barry supporter, I'm not by any stretch of the imagination.

9. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

That time came to past as soon as Bill told his first lie.

10. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Just curious who you would support for President if you won't support anyone who lies, because everybody lies.
    Anyone who says they don't lie is a liar.

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

1. Carson catches and passes Trump in the polls. Trump denies the numbers.
    2. Carson's lead grows to exceed the margin of error. Trump declares victory and drops out of the race because he proved his point and he's too huge for the White House anyway.
    3. Republicans suddenly remember that Carson is a Negro.

Your laughed so hard at that point that I'm not sure you heard or can remember the race. At one point, I thought you might drive off the road.

4. Carson soon joins Herman Cain in the footnotes of GOP history.
    5. Carly is left alone against white male career politicians. She's soon pushed out.
    6. General election pits two Washington insiders against each other, one of whom is Hillary.

12. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Not sure how it works with West Point, but I know my brother was offered an appointment to Annapolis that he in no way applied for.
    He turned it down, btw.
    Now that I've looked at a few different articles, there's even less to this than I figured there was. Nothing on paper and going on a few memories from decades ago.

13. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

:up:

14. used2Bfast

used2Bfast Still healing

15. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Hillary, fuck no.
    Bernie, fuck no.
    Cruz, fuck no.
    Carson.....eh...eeehh....
    Trump.....fuck...
    Paul....yes, kinda sorta

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Are you certain that's the way it happened, or is that what you have been told?

17. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member

Don't disagree at all. There's that old joke that goes something along the lines of "how can you tell if a politician is lying...their mouth is moving."

To be honest, at this point I couldn't tell you. I do believe in honesty and integrity and if it can be called into question over something as stupid as this then it really does call into question other claims. To be fair I wouldn't have voted for Carson anyways I disagree with his position on the WODs and his overreliance on "god" to direct him.

18. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member

well of course I didn't have a direct conversation with the campaign. I can only go off of what was reported and what the campaign was quoted as saying. I'm assuming by your question, you have a direct connection to Carson yourself and have been in discussions with him this morning because of course the campaign wouldn't spin at all, right? :crackup:

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Did you really just say that? :crackup:

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I have been checking other sources of information that are readily available. Not all are in lockstep with the Politico. If I have learned anything here in the Dungeon, it is to check sources. The Politico is at least as agenda driven as Fox. Most of the other sites simply use the original post as a source perpetuating disinformation.

I believe strongly in the old saying, "Don't believe everything you see, and only half of what you read."