1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The shittiest thing you have ever deliberately done on a racetrack

Discussion in 'General' started by crashman, Feb 2, 2018.

1. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

So, you're that guy! : )

I remember watching that from pit wall waiting for our rider to come around.

ChuckS likes this.
  2. Not so much, but the fact multiple people split me after I bounced off the wall and down the banking, then tire blew, kept it upright was good. When I got back to the pits, took off my leathers and realized I didn’t actually sh& my pants, that was worth it alone.

britx303 likes this.
  3. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

Hahaha!! I kinda did that to a friends bike at an All Girls Trackday at JGP, but I had underwear on...under the ladies skirt I was wearing. : /

Long story....don't ask!!

4. acorn27

acorn27 4 out of 3 people in the world struggle with math

Another time, I made a pretty close but absolutely clean pass on the inside of a guy (Blackhawk again...) and since I couldn’t put out the apologetic hand wave mid corner I waved the outside foot as a “sorry dude”. Well he was apparently butt-hurt enough to report me to the race director so I spent the rest of the afternoon explaining to him how I was indeed not a dirty racer who kicks at other riders and deserve to keep my racing license.

5. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

Isn't there a backstory about the guy yelling from the fence that was posted on here a few years ago? Someone did someone wrong or something?

6. Hordboy

Hordboy B Squad Leader

Yeah. And it's epic.

renegade17 likes this.
  7. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

You should see what he’s drinking right this second.

8. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

I won’t ever forget that one. It was one hell of a crash.
    Glad you walked away.

ChuckS likes this.
  9. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Agreed to be Race Director for a season.

blake holt likes this.
  10. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Mr Sunshine, right?

dickie doo and Hordboy like this.
  11. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

After successfully finishing my first track day at Grattan, I wheelied down the front straight. It was a celebration wheelie - a great wheelie, nobody could wheelie like me because I was making wheelies great again. It was a great wheelie. Even the kid in the flag tower was cheering me on when I came past. So I figured “no problem with that stunt!”

Fresh off the bike, an event staffer came over and said something about how that’s only to be done after winning a race and that he’d see to it I never rode at another track anywhere in the country if I did that again. It was weird because he was wearing leathers but had sandles on his feet.

cha0s#242 and ToofPic like this.
  12. ChuckS

ChuckS Well-Known Member

And obviously I’ve hit my head a few times.

Huey.

13. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

You're supposed to pay cash for all your racing expenses, but put the rest of your life expenses on credit. It's a lot easier to race hard and take chances knowing your bike and all your gear is all paid for, You don't need to be thinking about bike payments on the grid lol :)

Never done anything deliberately. I'm not a dick :) (despite what my wife says). But I probably made a lot of people swear in their helmets accidentally though lol

14. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Damn.:rock:

15. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Summit point..turn 1...going head to head with someone lap after lap after lap. Every time into turn 1 I would deliberately slam into him as hard as I could trying to send him off track. Bastard kept saving it and getting past me by the last turn and kept drafting me on the straight. Finally got him for good on the last lap.
    Oh...btw...this was on the summit point kart track in karts and we were there for his bachelor party.

16. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Certainly our resident e-kart hot shoe would not approve.

terminus est and Wingnut like this.
  17. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

What year was that? Theres been a couple of those there. One I seen while cornerworking around 2005.

18. acorn27

acorn27 4 out of 3 people in the world struggle with math

It was probably ‘99 or ‘00

Bill Fehrman was not happy but I had to explain I didn’t actually kick at anyone. The other rider was kinda a punk and he had his whole crew riled up to come after me lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

I was always on the receiving end of bad behavior.The first feb.tally races are always cold.
    I was trying to pass a guy going into the carousel on the outside ,and he decided he wanted to crash.
    Not thinking,and being a little girl,I screamed inside my helmet.The whole inside of the shield fogged up.
    So now I'm plowing through the grass with this no talent hack,and blind from fogged visor.
    I did however manage to stay up!
    Got tons of crash stories,but never taken anyone out.
    SHOULD...have taken people out,as I normally ended up at hospital trying to avoid downed riders,while they got up

20. mike-guy

mike-guy Well-Known Member

I was at a trackday at mid ohio before the vintage days round and knew I needed to seriously pick up time to be competitive. Well I was easily on a PB lap (according to my lap timer) and decided to blow the checkered a second time lol. I got a lecture for it and kind of felt bad because I set another PB later that day and people pay money for their portion of the track. Either that or punting a guy off at nelsons kink on the last lap for 2nd place but I felt like thats just racing

SLOhio likes this.