1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The shittiest thing you have ever deliberately done on a racetrack

Discussion in 'General' started by crashman, Feb 2, 2018.

1. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

There was a post on the facetoobs about playing Ride2 and using other motorcycles as berms for faster laptimes. That got me thinking about racing and shitty stuff that sometimes happens on a racetrack.
    There has been a whole bunch of in trouble with no place to go contact but I can only think of 1 time I ever deliberately did anything to another rider. There was a guy that had an issue with rubbing other riders and had knocked 2 guys down already that weekend. When a group of us went to discuss his overzealousness we were told to fuck off. But as fate would have it I found myself on the inside of him going for the lead at the end of the front straight a couple races later so I took the opportunity to stand him up at about 120MPH and send him for a ride thru the hayfield. I know that could have ended horribly and I am not terribly proud of letting my emotions get to me. What other sort of shittiness have others done on the track that they will admit to?

2. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

I expect some I heard about...

rugbymook likes this.
  3. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Nothing too serious, but I cleaned a guy out in a 180° turn during the start of an XC race. He tried his hardest to clean me out the turn before. Pretty stupid, but I was pissed that he did that in the first 500' of a 40 mile race.

4. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Spent multiple $$$$ worth of college educations, but have some good memories.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
    MAZZ77X, dickie doo, Phl218 and 11 others like this.
  5. 418

418 Expert #59

One time I damned near wiped Broome out at T5 at Roebling but he took it like a champ. It was a trackday out of all things.

Thats about as extreme as I get. I'm not about to be taking people out on purpose and shit.

6. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Never intentionally, but I've made some poor choices that affected others.

7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Let out a massive fart right in front of some guy who was drafting me down the front straight. That's my version of how to break a draft. :D

8. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Worst thing I've done is disrespect my elders by whooping Joe Ball's ass on an R3 in Clubman and worse yet, on an SV in HWT. I feel terrible...

Hordboy, Nick_OMC, JBall and 3 others like this.
  9. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Nothing I've ever done intentionally but I've stood lappers up before trying to pass them and they've run off into the grass.

10. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Nothing intentional. I always understood people had to go to work Monday.

11. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

The shittiest thing I've ever done on a track was to myself. I made myself think that, since I finished 3rd in the very important P4 Lightweight Champeenship the year before, I should not be anywhere lower than 3rd position. In the rain. That didn't end well :D

12. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

I've had a shitty thing done to me!
    Last lap, T9 at BIR. I was dicing for the lead for several laps. I knew I could out brake him into T9 so I waited till the last lap.
    Plan worked, dove on the inside and got him, but then as we drove out, the fucker reached over and hit my kill switch! I was more than a bit pissed.
    Thankfully I had a large gap to 3rd as I couldn't get the bike to re fire right away.

I know people do it for fun, but this was when Michelin was paying decent money. And not on the last lap of a heated battle. Warmup lap or practice is different. :)

13. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Ha ha. Yep.
    And I agree, totally worth it!

14. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

:D

15. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Rode bikes prepped by someone else. :D

Actually doing something shitty to another competitor? The thought has crossed my mind in a payback/retribution manner, but I've gotten over it.

16. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Raced on credit cards when I was young and stupid.

sbk1198, rcarson15, Pixelator and 4 others like this.
  17. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Took a 600 guy out in T2/3 @ Nashville during Friday's practice on my Ninja 650.
    Felt really bad for him as he got hurt pretty badly :(

18. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Soooooo you basically almost Broomed Broome

Phl218 likes this.
  19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You did it on purpose?

20. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I ran over my friend Kim Casper at IRP. I deliberately pulled up and hit him in the shoulder and broke his collarbone when he fell off in front of me. Of course my other choice was to run over his head so I guess I still made the best choice available. I still felt bad and helped pack up his bike and gear after the races.