1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official 2020 Silly Season Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by The Great One, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

busa99 and YamahaRick like this.
  2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I didn’t know Jorge was a software engineer :)

3. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

Maybe now FQ can see his data and win a race

KrooklynSV and Phl218 like this.
  4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Looks like it's started already. Reading Vinales has signed until the end of 2022 with Yamaha.

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Quartararo effect.

The Great One likes this.
  6. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

Im interested to see who will be filling that second seat at Yamaha...

7. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

If Rossi continues after this year I just don't see him in the Factory Team

8. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Reported

vfrket, rcarson15, TX Joose and 2 others like this.
  9. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

Oh, don't sweat it, he'll still get #10 on the Petronas Team :D

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Maybe I'm tired or run down from too many years of the ghost of Rossi past being on the grid but, don't care. He should retire. If he wins a race, boom, I'm done, so long and thanks for all the fish.

Which leads to the next problem. Does his motogp team take the bikes from Petronas who have been doing a great job, have huge financial backing and know their role and are doing it way beyond what they should be doing.

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Didn't he say this winter that he's ready to move to a satellite team if that's what he needs to do to extend his career?

12. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

Thanks to Herve seeing the writing on the wall way ahead of time Rossi's only real shot at his own team is gonna be Suzuki or Aprilia!

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah but that causes more problems than it cures. He's then taking a seat from a young up and comer on the Yamaha development team.

I guess he could start his motogp team and Petronas could move to Suzuki. That solves most of the problems.

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I think Herve was brilliant in his move. He was reportedly losing Monster as title sponsor and his move to KTM came with bikes and a title sponsor. Who cares about winning, wouldn't have happened anyways.

Which leads to the rumor of Honda moving away from Repsol and to Shell or Red Bull (reported on the intragores). If they go to Red Bull (which makes perfect sense since Honda supplies Red Bull and Toro Rosso F1) where does that leave Herve and the KTM teams? Meh, the entire grid could be Red Bull and it would be fine with me. lol!

15. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

NO

scottn likes this.
  16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

No he didn't say it, or no you don't accept it? :crackup:

scottn and motion like this.
  17. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Vinales signed?

With the amount of vinegar that flowed through his blood in the past year, I thought he was going to bolt.

I guess it's a case of the devil you know.....

Senna and The Great One like this.
  18. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

After witnessing the cases of Zarco and Lorenzo, he made a wise decision. Stick with the devil that you know, that you can win on.

Senna, Boman Forklift and stk0308 like this.
  19. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

Stefan Pierer and Dietrich Mateschitz are both Austrian, but I have no idea if that means anything

20. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

So Quat to Rossi’s seat in 21. Finales signed for 21 and 22. But Rossi has option of factory seat also in 21. Hmmmm. 3 rider field like Honda did?