1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official 2020 Silly Season Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by The Great One, Jul 1, 2019.

1. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

I imagine Rossi found out about it and he vetoed it....

2. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member

As long as KTM insist on a steel trellis frame and WP suspension they can't realistically demand results from the riders

Steeltoe, ShadowBoxer and Phl218 like this.
  3. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

4. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

Or maybe Lin Jarvis was just staying true to his word as I told you the first time? ;)

5. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

A top level rider or a podium? :crackup:

6. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

Hopefully both.

7. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

For 2020 Jlo will come to the US trolling the motoamerica paddock covered in baby oil in a van with no windows full of 10mm sockets and candy

MachineR1 likes this.
  8. aaronson

aaronson Well-Known Member

Sounds like a Greg White fantasy ... He wanted to do a two-up ride with Gronkowski one year .

9. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Maybe, but it’s definitely more to the story and I’m sure whoever told you about the Lin Jarvis can also explain how it all went down...

10. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Interesting sentence about Yamaha vetoing the AM move to Petronas in the Motomatters tweets this am...

11. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

So Petronas was eyeing little Márquez and factory Yamaha said nope?

12. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

It would seem so... Rather fascinating political BS.

The Twat itself:
    Alex Marquez officially re-signs with Marc VDS in Moto2. He had a contract pretty much signed with Petronas, but was vetoed at Yamaha. Will have to find another way into MotoGP in 2021 instead. Lots of seats open then.

13. BigBird

BigBird blah

oh that sucks. Would have been very interesting. Morbidelli doesn't go with the Yamaha, but seeing GOAT 2.0 vs his brother on a different manufacturer would have been very interesting. Even though Marc is head and shoulders above the everyone that threw a leg over a bike in the last decade.

14. MV Rider

MV Rider Well-Known Member

Neither one is going to happen.

rcarson15 likes this.
  15. crazymofo

crazymofo Then i was like...Braaap!

No other manufactuer besides honda will take alex marquez into their factory team. The marquez brothers are super close. The factories will be paranoid about info being leaked.

I think JM could make it work on the KTM. But the safe bet would be for him to remain at pramac with a factory ducati supported contract like he has now.

The Great One likes this.
  16. Phl218

Phl218 .

if i was another factory team or a close satellite, i'd rather hire Zarco than Alex M.

stk0308 and The Great One like this.
  17. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Remember, Zarco won a Moto2 championship on WP. So, let's say it's not impossible. KTM (also owner of WP) seems to be determined to win no matter what the cost. Smart folks in that little part of the world, (like Kalex), with funding- could challenge the Japanese and Italians. Write them off at your own risk.

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

KTM with WP and the trellis frame will be winning races in the next 2 years.

and not a wet races, a race where everyone else crashes or Marquez has shithouse polio from reading RRW and rides gimpy.

19. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

So that means Lowes is out of a seat next year? The downfall continues?

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Lowes has said he has a ride for next year but like Hop Sing, he not name names.