1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The New MyLaps site

Discussion in 'General' started by OldGuyOnBlu, May 7, 2013.

1. OldGuyOnBlu

OldGuyOnBlu Well-Known Member

Is anyone else having problems with the new MyLaps Web page.
    I registered, upgraded and all that BS, and cannot get results to load, or find a damn thing.

2. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

We working the other day fine former, but bummed I cent find the lap by lap times or the graphs it used to have

3. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Someone in Atlanta screwed the pouch.

4. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Doesn't Mongo live in Atlanta?

5. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

It works fine for me, other than not connecting all of my personal results.

6. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

Holy crap my phone jacked that lol.

Was working fine for me, but I can't find the lap by lap chart

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Um, no. AMB US is in the ATL, AMB worldwide that handles everything including the site is in the Netherlands.

8. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Looks like they just posted they're working to improve things since their redesign.

9. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

It gave me an error during upgrading, so I sent in the email like they instructed. That was about a week ago, but no response yet. I'm sure they have a huge backlog though.

10. chrome420

chrome420 Well-Known Member

Yeah I was trying to check lap times from Grattan and the verification email I need to upgrade my acct still hasn't shown up and that was a week ago....hope they get this stuff figured out sooner rather than later

11. Stirz

Stirz Makes my butt look big

Yep - took me a while to reset my account, only to find out: A) Much harder to actually use, as in 'why can't you just put location in alphabetic order? - that would be a start' and B) All previous results have apparently been purged.

Almost like GuvSpeak - we improved it to make it worse than it was before.

12. Schitzo42

Schitzo42 dweeb

So I just did the "upgrade" on my account from the old to the new MyLaps site. Holy crap this is horrible.

-steve

13. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

That's what happens when you let the jr. dev use word press to develop the site. :D

14. Schitzo42

Schitzo42 dweeb

I would say it's worse than that.

It's almost like someone went "Hey, this site currently works but we need something new and exciting to get a 'new and improved' label on things" and someone else went "ok, let's do this" .. and this was done without any sort of actual thought process of building a new site other than "let's make it look pretty and different and be totally useless."

I bet somewhere in a meeting talking about the "redesign" the words NoSQL and Web Scale were used.

-steve

15. Seeley

Seeley Well-Known Member

They didn't think it was funny when I suggested that they also include automatic malware and virus uploads to user machines to make everything else seem more useless than their new site has become.

16. Steve C

Steve C Mostly working.

:crackup:

Just for giggles, I tried registering my new (from WERA) transponder....
    Is an internal server error, like food poisoning?

Anyway, I can't register my transponder. :(

Steve

17. OldGuyOnBlu

OldGuyOnBlu Well-Known Member

I have yet to be able to get anywhere other than my profile.
    I finally did get an email reply. It was very nonspecific. I replied to the reply and have yet to hear anything.
    I can honestly say the "new and improved" MyLaps Web site is the worst shake out of a new Web site I've experienced. They should demand their money back from whoever they hired as Web/computer gurus.

18. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

I can't view mine either:mad:

19. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

I just went through the Upgrade process, clicked on the link in the email they sent me and....

404 Page not found

But that's the link you sent me? Lol