1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The New American Pony cars, your thoughts?

Discussion in 'General' started by Silo Pete, May 10, 2012.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'll sell you mine, 318 3 on the tree, pretty much immaculate :D

2. SirCrashAlot

SirCrashAlot Well-Known Member

Unfortunately it's auto/manual.

Not available, my dad bought it for her as a gift so he's pretty much ingratiated himself for good.lol

3. cannonballcobb

cannonballcobb Registered Offender

A few years ago, I flew up to the Mopar Nationals in Ohio, where I found and purchased (not for me) a mint '69 Charger R/T 440 no A/C. Drove it back to GA the same day and was one of the coolest road trips to date. It was a non-stop parade of thumbs up the whole way. Coolest thing was at a gas stop this little old lady sparked up conversation about how she had a Charger back in the day.

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I bought a Triumph spitfire in Mass and drove it back to PA. It only broke down three times of which only one was a fire. That was NOT a good road trip. :D

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I would much rather drive a Prius than an Aztec. And that's not even a cheap shot, I mean it. :D

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Same here but if I truly have a choice it's neither.

I would drive a station wagon in a heartbeat but it has to have a turbo or supercharger or something north of 400 hp :D

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Honestly, I could own a sports car/truck and drive a Prius to work every day. The last generation looks better than they used to.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Too slow. You'd go absolutely nuts even in rush hour type traffic. The new ones do look better but they're still just another econobox to me. I'd rather drive something fun.

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Like I said, it would be a second vehicle. Just for commuting. I could always drive the fun car/truck once in a while when I want to drive something fun to work, but I suspect it would only come out on weekends.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah I guess I can see that, just not something I'm good at doing. But then again - I don't have a lot of weekends to justify a weekend car. The Charger hasn't been out of the garage in almost 2 years. But the Jeep I drive every day, the bikes are weekend type vehicles.

11. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

I don't own it, it belongs to the mom in law who is not allowed to drive anymore so she makes me drive it. Hey, free mileage, can't beat that. I prefer to drive my F250 over everything else. I will never live down driving that damn Prius into the AMA paddock....:eek:

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I figured it was hers, still funny tho to see it and then very soon after the posts about the new Mustang :D

13. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

We actually had it a couple days before the AMA, I wasn't allowed to drive it then, lol. And I've only been permitted to drive it once since then...

14. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

:stupid:

15. Almostryan3

Almostryan3 Well-Known Member

I hate the challenger and camaro, they are too big and bulky. I have an 01 camaro, last gen of the good camaros :P I would take the Mustang out of the new 3 and light and agile and the V8 makes ok power.

16. Almostryan3

Almostryan3 Well-Known Member

CTSV Wagon would be sweet, or SRT8 magnums ain't bad. The new CTSV is the ultimate luxury sport car

17. Schitzo42

Schitzo42 dweeb

18. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

We have lived in a time of giants. RIP Ol' Shell.

19. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Nothing personal but that was absolutely the ugliest Camaro style to ever hit the streets. ;)

20. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

Do you have a sister named Stacy? Cause your mom has got it goin on...:D