1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Manotti & Palmer Show

Discussion in 'General' started by Rx3, Sep 18, 2010.

1. Rx3

Rx3 1%

I'm here at Summit Point watching the SOLOs and I must say, Manotti and Palmer are doing a bag up job on the play by play! They should announce every race next year!

2. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

+1

I agree! From thanking the corner workers and WERA peeps to Interviews...etc! It's a Class act!
    Good job guys!

Ride safe,
    AAron

3. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Haha. I got a few txts from the track that said it was some good color work. Glad to hear that Palmer's mouth is working again.

4. rugbymook

rugbymook Under Construction

So is Manotti.

5. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

ouch! :crackup:

Holderman's post race interview, Manotti adding in some comments :D

[​IMG]

6. rugbymook

rugbymook Under Construction

It was too easy. Wish I was down there!

Tell the gang I said hello.

7. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Holderman is such a stud.

8. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

holderman?? pshhhhhh... look at that headband.

true pimp style right there.

:D

9. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

As I sat in the paddock and listened to those two buffoons, I was struck with the idea that they should have named it the "Radio STFU Show!"

They were hysterical. Watching them climb onto the overhang roof of the pit out building to try and "call" the race better was priceless.

I had a horrible race today, but that "color commentary" made up for a lot of it.

10. vonstallin

vonstallin Я - Ребенок Люциферов

sigh....wish i could have seen the boys at work....
    I miss everyone...

11. RubberChicken

Some snippets from their Sunday call:

"I had a delicious pork sandwich from there earlir!"

"Senior SuperSpike!"

classic stuff!

12. tawzx12r

tawzx12r Influencer to none

Bang up job for sure....:up:

Funny stuff all day......I would have loved to get it on tape.

Senior Superbike reference......

"old guys still out there doing it"

"that could be your dad...or maybe your uncle out there''....:crackup:

13. YZROOSTINYA

YZROOSTINYA Well-Known Member

Glad everyone liked the show. Hopefully I will be able to do it again next year.

John "The Equation a.k.a. The Mean Machine" Palmer

Ryan "The Body " Manotti did an excellent job adding flavor to that dish along with making all of his races this weekend including a podium third place finish all while setting his personal best laptime by almost over a second of his previous time.

Great job Body!

Last edited: Sep 19, 2010
  14. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

You guys did an awesome job today - had us rollin' all afternoon :up:

:clap:

15. RubberChicken

Somebody has to record those broadcasts and post them up here. I'd load them into my iPhone and listen to them on the way to the track. Great entertainment.
    Another wonderful weekend of racing in the can, folks!

Sayonara to Summit Point for WERA for this season.

16. RollieManollie

RollieManollie I Need to Get My Beak Wet

Thanks everyone and especially Sublet! He didn't want us going on that microphone at all figuring it would be a mistake right away..lol! I think he now know's we're only trying to help and get some action going!

I was impressed by Palmer's improv (sp) for two days straight after just getting his jaw unwired the wednesday before - great job John "the Equation!" Hopefully wera will let us do it again sometime! Thanks for the racers and wera peeps who came up and did interviews, I think that was icing on the cake for the fans and sponsors and what we liked doing the best!

Remember, if you see Terrance "The Terror" Johnson - give him a hug! :up:

17. WayneDangerous

WayneDangerous Well-Known Member

Nice work guys.

18. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

also, great job throwing out all the vendors, sponsors, marcc workers, track food people, air fence fund, etc.... you guys covered everything, with a little bit of spice LOL

19. JWinters

JWinters Active Member

Definately an awesome job. For once you could hear the announcements all the way in the tub at turn 8.. and very sad that it was the last race weekend at Summit for Wera and Marrc cornerworkers :( sunburns and blisters no more...

20. Slick228

Slick228 I dropped oil there, too.

I was in the pits talking to Katie after her incident in T8 with Chris.

We were caught by surprise when we heard "cupcake" over the PA and both of us shut up and listened. It was then followed by something about a pie and wanting to get their slice of it. :crackup:

After hearing that and seeing the comments on here today, I wish I would've hung around the paddock a bit more.