1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the liberal media

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by thane, Oct 29, 2003.

1. thane

thane Well-Known Member

Things for which consistency would require greater coverage:

The media, perhaps so defensive about having successfully been defined by the right as "liberal," pussy foots around Dubya.

To wit: why did the liberal media obsess about Clinton having smoked pot in college, when no one cares to report on Bush's coke habit that he had into his 30s. Why does the liberal media not hound and harass the president about his DWI? Why does the "liberal media" routinely let the prez slide?

Answers anyone?

thane

2. guerrilla

guerrilla Real King of the Jungle

My Answer is as follows:

:rolleyes:

DUBYA has NOT denied anything he has done! Dubya did not belittle the american public by saying...Yeah I tried THE WHITE a few times but I didn't SNORT! Therefore, there is no news! He had a problem with COKE and it has been rectified! Who cares...REALLY!

As for letting him SLIDE! This statement shows your level of intelligence so I will let you slide!

OUR PRESIDENT has taught us a VERY VALUABLE LESSON! We all have SKELETONS rattling around in the closet...when a bone falls out it's best to say I F@cked Up! People truly accept PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY!

3. WeaselBob

WeaselBob Well-Known Member

got on ya flame suit? :D
    not enuf typing room or time here
    mainly they're too intimidated, if they report unfavorably they're called al quiada supporters, unpatriotic, etc. by the ultra rights... of which you'll probably get a good example of the next day or so in this thread :D
    P.S. by ultra-rights I don't mean your reg conservtives (like bush 1 & 2) I mean the ultra rich, ultra conservative that are the silent power behind G--(like Cheney's buds).

had bush 1 enlisted the ultra right he probably would have won, bush 2 DID, and it got him into the white house. not that he's sinsister, just good ole trade-off politics to ensure election. I don't like G-Dubya in the least, but I give him credit he ain't stupid like many think

Last edited: Oct 29, 2003
  4. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

I actually have a question...

where the hell were you during the damn elections and campaingns prior to the elections? Shit they did nothing but whine about Bush's drug use and DWI then hounded him about his daughters actions. Why talk about it now? It is no different than Clinton... it never is brought up unless people are making fun of him. As it should be neither are a big deal.

5. mad brad

mad brad Guest

i don't recall dubya saying he had a coke habit or problem. he just did it. but here are the dumb liberals saying he did.

brilliant.

6. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

Re: Re: the liberal media

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

New World Order???

W the Puppet..... :eek:

7. WeaselBob

Re: Re: Re: the liberal media

no, the NWO conspiracy theories/scare tactics were fostered by those against US involvement in NAFTA, UN, global environmental treaties, etc--anything that dips into their pockets

Who they hell you think pushed for the removal of inheritance tax? only 1000 to 2000 wealthiest families will really benefit, but the sucked the rest of your sheep into it... just one example of many.

No it's not a secet conspiracy, wake up, the ultra rich run the damn place, how the hell else you think george has raised 80 miillion so far? Whoever they support gets in--regardless of political leanings--hell if a granola-covered-fruitcake, leftover hippie helped their wallets he/she would be in office

8. ysr612

ysr612 Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: the liberal media

I agree on this one. that is one of the worst things. each generation should earn thier own. If you want to help the kids out send them to school.

edit check who voted this was an item near and dear to the hearts of both sides in both houses.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2003
  9. WeaselBob

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: the liberal media

that was kinda the point I failed to make earlier, conservative or lib, dem or rep, their main concern is re-election & filing the campaign coffers. That tax break doesn't do squat for anyone but the very top dogs, and money in offshore accounts and yacht clubs ain't "trickling down" this far :D

Trickling down--kinda sounds like a dripping venereal disease :Puke:

10. AZTomcat

AZTomcat Member

Watching the elections from here on out is going to be so entertaining. We've just gone through the Hippy Revolution(drugs), the Sexual Revolution(sex), and Gen X'ers doing our thing(both). What HAVEN'T we done or tried? The Campaign Slogan is going to have to be, "Yes, I did it." or the candidate is going to be absolutely lying his ass off.

The media is going to have to get off of that gig, it's played out. Has no credibility. It's going to be the big polygraph. Did you try this (whatever it is)? No. Liar. Or did you try this? "Yes, I did it!" What an honest man, we will say.

11. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That is one form of taxation I highly disagree with. What if your goal in life is to work hard enough to leave something for your children? Your income is already taxed when you earn it. Why should it be taxed again? And I am not saying that because I am going to inherit anything. Or because I want to leave something for my children. I never wanted any before my accident, I certainly don't want them now. It's just the principle of the thing. My father chose teach me the value of a good education and hard work. But I still think once your money has been taxed, it's yours to do whatever you want with it. If the government needs money, they should spend more wisely.

As far as digging up old stories of drinking, extramarital affairs or drug abuse, it's bullshit all politicians do. I would rather have an intelligent drunk in charge of a country than a corrupt, incompetent, sober politician only interested in reelection.

13. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

The inheritance taxes are a bane to farming families. In New England, many farms have had to be sold off to pay inheritance taxes. Most small farmers don't make much money, their equity is in the land and buildings. As a result, more small farms cease to exist or are bought out by those evil rich folks.
    This is another one of the liberal left tax myths, that only the rich benefit from tax cuts. Inheritance taxes make no sense, they're just another way for the government to help themselves to more money they had no part in earning.

Why are some people so pro-tax?
    Do you really think the US government doesn't take a big enough chunk now? The revolution of 1776 was fought over less heavy-handed taxation than exists today.

14. In Your Corner

Or maybe it's just regular folks who don't want their country's business and policy decisions made by third-world despots and European countries who have spent the last 20 centuries invading or being invaded by each other. Let them show us how it's done and maybe we'll follow their example.
    Somehow most of these enterprises entail the US giving up a lot and getting nothing in return.

Please. If we let all these idiots kill the goose, there will be no golden eggs for anyone.

15. WeaselBob

sorry bud, but the goose is heading overseas. US workers & technology got fat & lazy, now we can't compete in a global market. look how many "American" companies have moved operations to cheaper markets
    foreign steel, cars, technology, electronics, etc, we've had our asses handed to us. American made ? who's buying it other than beer?

Been to Sunnyvale lately (silicone valley)? pretty sad place these days, lotta empty corporate real estae

16. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

17. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

18. In Your Corner

If you're making a point here, I don't see it. The paid reviewers liked this book, the readers who commented on it weren't quite so enchanted.
    Look at the list of authors and books purchased by the same people. Molley Ivans? Al Franken? Gore Vidal?

These people spew such hatred and nonsense in their writings they make Michael Savage seem jovial and eloquent.
    They have to have a derogatory name or label for everyone they disagree with. It really takes away from making an intelligent argument.
    A hint for those aforementioned writers:
    Try to stay away from using catch words like "Bushies" and "Dubya". It comes across as arrogant and condescending and childish. A good, legitamate argument can be fashioned without resorting to tactics better saved for schoolyard scuffles.

19. In Your Corner

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: the liberal media

Did we get fat and lazy or were so many benefits mandated for workers and so many taxes and fees attached to the products they produced that we priced ourselves out of the market?

I think this is another example of the law of unintended consequences.

Another example of that law:
    For decades now there has been a concerted effort by government to make college affordable for all. Towards this end a lot of money has flowed into the college community through loans and grants. The result?
    That pool of guaranteed cash allowed the colleges to increase the pay scales of their teachers and build facilities without worry of maintaining profitability. The cost increase of college education has vastly out-stripped cost of living increases. In other words, college is now less affordable than ever before.

20. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: the liberal media

Does having a minimum wage and benefits that can't compete with third world countries mean domestic production is "priced out of the market," or that the market is priced too low?