1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The job and shit

Discussion in 'General' started by drop, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Sano as a all f@ck stuff at that. :)

2. buzz-06

buzz-06 Well-Known Member

I am a mobile mechanic. Servicing and repairing trucks in parking lots as much as possible and only sending stuff to our shop when I can't or refuse to do it at a customers lot. They did give me a brand new truck this year

[​IMG]

XFBO, BigBird, Boman Forklift and 2 others like this.
  3. ton

ton Arf!

i'll make it easy for you: dopamine signaling is involved somehow :D

4. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Production worker specializing in welding. It blows and I hate it but it pays good so......fuck it.

Shenanigans likes this.
  5. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Fix shitty ass cars and trucks most ya'll wouldn't drive. :D Oh, and I do towing/ recovery work. Winters are long days and even longer nights.

6. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

The big annual trade show / industry circle jerk is in two weeks. We're rolling out some crazy new ideas that have been stewing in the scary room (our R&D Department) for a few years now. We're either going to be roasted over it, or lauded for doing the impossible and unthinkable - again. You should come walk the show. It'll be fun.

7. trussdude

trussdude Well-Known Member

I design and fabricate wood trusses for new construction.

This is a house I'm working on now, probably $4 million+

Tha same builder is finishing up a house for Jacoby Ellsbury from the Yankees.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Metalhead likes this.
  8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Which show is it again? Where is it? I'm skipping the big one in Germany this year and my trip to China is delayed so I go some open time

9. Mick6R

Mick6R Well-Known Member

Database admin, general IT shtuff, lot/process control software design and implementation.

10. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

LDI / Live Design. Vegas. Floor days are October 21-23.

11. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

I dont know any trade around here that works that way. Ive worked at non-union shops that took breaks every 2 hours. They were all fat-as-shit from so many breaks and the jobs took 4 times too long to finish,and the day actually seemed longer.Its part of the same reason I refuse to work for the Smithsonian/Govt shops.

joec likes this.
  12. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I guess that explains why your wife works outside the house. LOLOLOL

13. Boman Forklift

Do you know Mike Stephens or Rich Manor, they are both in aircraft sales business out here?

You too Steve Thompson

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
  14. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Currently on medical leave but will be back at it soon enough.

15. LD

LD I do science

You speak truth! Funny all of the misconceptions we encounter with regards to dopamine, even in neuroscience communities outside the direct dopamine community.

16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

How much did you get paid to design the support systems for those cacti?

trussdude likes this.
  17. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

If your job is like I think it is, the worst part is all the stupid little rules. I worked in a couple different factory settings when I was young, and I HATED the time clock. I couldn't do it. I need some flexibility.

18. Boman Forklift

My daughter has been watching a bunch of that on TV, she is a senior in college, studying nursing. She asked me if we should go into that together after she graduates. I unfortunately, don't know anything about that business, but it seems like it could be an interesting way to make a living. Like many things, I'm sure the education can be quite expensive.

19. Boman Forklift

Dude, that's cool. I love it when people do something like this with their life, that can really benefit all of us over time.

20. Boman Forklift

I was initially a computer programmer and then moved into computer software sales for 20 years. Got the bright idea I wanted to be an entrepreneur.

2005 I bought a forklift company, so I manage the place and try to do the right thing. I worked less and made more money working in software for someone else, but I now have job security.

XFBO, BigBird and SmokeSignalRT like this.