1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The job and shit

Discussion in 'General' started by drop, Sep 30, 2016.

1. DirtNap

DirtNap used, but not used up.

state law you have to be in a container... it can be cardboard, I got those too. ;)

Shenanigans likes this.
  2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

A refrigerator box from behind Sears should suffice.

3. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

Logistics/shipping/receiving at Denso. Some of my duties include;

> Make sure dudes put the right stuff on the right truck.
    > Make sure dudes unload trucks, properly receive the material, and put it away in the proper part of the plant (w/out fucking it up).
    > A lot of paperwork and Excel spreadsheets.
    > Occasionally drive a forklift.
    > Babysit/interpret/yell at truck drivers.
    > Help with supply order planning (based on production demands).
    > Everything else.

My job is actually pretty sweet. If I ever update my resume, this is how my current job will be listed.

(I also help at local dirtybike races and write material for a radio show)

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  4. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

We are always looking for people... :)

5. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

This odd retail juxtaposition used to be the source of a lot of dry humor in Dallas ... I think the boxes to go store closed, though.

[​IMG]

DirtNap likes this.
  6. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Photographer/photojournalist/photo editor, worked for a midsize paper for 25 years before I got downsized. Now I'm freelancing and working as a railroad bridge operator part-time, union job that pays well for sitting around. First time being part of a union, so far they've been worthless. Had a question for the local rep and couldn't get him to reply for months. Finally had to call the Nat'l rep, not that it helped at all but at least she knew how to return phone calls. :)

7. GNC

GNC Jim Rashid

I repair Forklifts

8. drop

drop Well-Known Member

I did that for about a year and half. Caterpillar and Mitsubishi was our main.

9. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Wow, the forklift guys are coming out of the woodwork.

I'm small compared to the big manufacturer dealers like Toyota, Hyster, Yale, etc., but at least in the top half when compared to other independents. I actually just became a dealer for Tailift , which is now owned by Toyota, so I'm hoping for big things!!! This will basically be Toyota's value line.

10. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Any of you forklift guys get your hands on good used batteries? I wanna do a full house backup using forklift batteries.

Anywho I'm a field service tech in the large scale food packaging industry. I'm at the International Bakery Industry Expo right now twiddling my thumbs.

Think ground beef on trays, chicken, produce, bread.

That package you ripped off to get to the goodies? Good chance it was done on our or our competitors machines.

11. humblepie

humblepie Well-Known Member

Engine room at Graves.
    Take 'em apart, put 'em back together

Boman Forklift likes this.
  12. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Good used batteries sell for good $$$. A new, 36v forklift battery goes for ~$6k. Good used $3-4k.

13. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

CB is right, depending on size I pay $3-10K for a new battery, but most are $3-6K. Where are you located? I can get batteries, both new and used and drop ship them to you.

I also bought a $4K load bank to test the batteries. A new battery with 5 year warranty is rated for its load at 6 hours, reconditioned batteries with 1 year warranty are usually rated at load for 4 hours.